Chapter 5

Violet.

After a good 20 minutes of driving through the busiest part of London, Harry finally slowed down in a rather fancy neighbourhood. He waited impatiently at a gate, typing in a code that I only realized too late to see what it was. He parked his car in an absurdly long driveway that was filled with cars similar to his. 

My breath hitched in my throat when I looked up at the huge mansion we were standing in front of. I never knew houses could be this big. It was as if I was looking at a castle. This was the mansion Ian had mentioned.

"Violet." Harry snapped me out of my thoughts and grabbed my hand that I quickly yanked back. He rolled his eyes and sighed. I could tell he was losing his temper already and we weren't even inside yet. 

"Look, just follow my lead. It's important that I look good during these meetings and that you do exactly as I say. Just, don't speak too much and you stay with me at all times, okay? And please, make it look like you actually want to be here." He looked annoyed as I hadn't realized the disgusted face I was making. 

I quickly relaxed my facial muscles and let out a breath. "I mean... sure. But why am I doing this for you again?"

"You behave tonight and I'll leave your friend alone. That's what you want, right?"

My eyes widened and I quickly nodded. "You'll leave Abby alone? But she gets to keep her job?"

"Yea, sure, whatever." He didn't seem interested in anything I had to say but grabbed my hand again and finally opened the huge doors of the mansion. I felt like my hand was about to fall off from how tightly he was grasping it. The heels I borrowed from Abby were clacking on the marble floors as Harry guided me a bit further into the ridiculously fancy house. 

There were a lot of men here, all dressed in black and they all had a girl hanging on their arm.

"No fucking way. You brought the narc?!" Louis' obnoxious voice boomed through the hallway and everyone stopped talking as they watched Harry walk in with me. I wanted to comment on the narc thing, quite upset that the nickname had caught on as I was anything but a narc, but I bit my tongue and remembered what Harry had told me. 

Don't speak too much.

Harry sent everyone a glare and they quickly resumed their conversations upon having his dark eyes on them. It surprised me how much power he seemingly held.

"Change of plans." Harry muttered to his Louis who approached us. They patted each other's shoulders in a manly greeting. The girl holding Louis hand shot me a warm and gentle smile. 

"I'm Eleanor." She extended her hand for me to shake and I quickly shook it. "Violet." I nodded back as Harry seemingly wasn't about to introduce me.

"So, heard you wanted information on Ian today?" Louis diverted his attention to me as he started the casual conversation. Harry's glare almost killed him. 

My brows raised. "Well... I don't want it now."

"What do you want to know?"

"Fuckin' hell, Lou, let a girl breath." Harry sighed with another eyeroll. My other hand was still tightly in his, as if he thought I was going to bolt if he released it. 

I frowned at Louis, shaking my head. "I called you during my work time, this is obviously not my work time. I suggest you call the RSP and give the information to whoever picks up the phone."

"You'd be smart to not tell me what to do, narc." Louis gritted through his teeth. I noticed Eleanor lay her small hand on his shoulder, immediately relaxing him. He turned his glare towards Harry. "What happened to the hot one you were going to bring? This one's annoying." He nudged his head towards me, obviously trying to upset me.