Chapter 58

Violet.

I let out a yawn when I popped my feet up on the desk on Friday morning. Isaac was seated next to me, mimicking my position as we both silently sipped on our coffees and waited for the kids to come downstairs for breakfast.

It had been a horrible week at the RSP. Apparently, late last night Ryan ran off and he was about to be brought back again by the police in about an hour. I had no idea what had been going on the night before, but apparently he had gone completely crazy, trashed the whole gym and then took off.

Lana and Stephen looked for him for a bit, but eventually he was picked up by the police and spent the night in jail before being returned.

He had mugged an old lady on the street since he was without a phone and wallet, meaning he had no cash or ID on him. The lady pressed charges, so his juvenile judge would come into play and he'd probably get sentenced for it. It was an absolute mess and I did not look forward to having to clean it up this morning.

Surprisingly enough, Isaac and I had been getting along quite well this week. It had been raining again in London after the humid week so we had been trying our best to keep the kids occupied indoors, which wasn't an easy task.

I took my time in building up a bond with Eve, trying to gain her trust so she'd at least have someone here she felt comfortable with. More times than none she seemed to be cowered back into her chair, as far away from any human as possible.

It meant I'd let her do my make-up and paint my nails on numerous occasions. It hadn't gone unnoticed by me that she was most talkative when she was busy focussing on braiding my hair or straightening out my crooked eyeliner.

The reason I was tired was because Harry had woken me up in the middle of the night for sex. It had been the same story as the past week and I had hardly seen him. Usually we had a few hours together in the afternoon when I returned from work, but he was busy with work most of the times.

Apparently he had been working on mending the bond with the South gang now that it was obvious they had nothing to do with me being strangled or the camera in Harry's apartment. Harry beating Jason's face to a pulp had not gone over well.

Their boss, Miguel, was a very respected men among the gangs and Harry had been trying to make his peace with him so they could continue to be allies. It did end up in him being moody most of the time, as well as more and more work piling up. It had been long evenings at the bar for him, and he came home only a few hours before my alarm went off and I had to get to work.

He had been slightly drunk when he came home last night around four in the morning. I had just fallen back asleep after having my usual nightmare, and my body stirred awake when he spooned me, immediately having his mouth on the back of my shoulder and his hand beneath my shirt.

Not a lot of words had to be spoken for me to understand what he wanted, and for him what I wanted.

It had been quick, but passionate and amazing nonetheless. I'm sure Gabriel was sick of us as his houseguests as Harry made absolutely no attempts at being quiet as he moaned the whole house together. Somehow he was even louder here than at his own apartment or at mine, and I assumed it was just another attempt to mess with Gabriel.

Harry had been defiant towards him this whole time, ever since he had that talk with me about James. Sure he still did the work that was asked of him to do, but he continuously ignored Gabriel's calls, never joined him for tea anymore and ignored him when we passed him by in the hallways. He also continued to steal his fancy cars, always opting for an automatic rather than a manual.

I for one had been trying to ignore Gabriel all week. I was alone at the mansion quite often, unless I was visiting Louis and Eleanor or when Harry was with me. He still tried to keep me away from the bar as he was fixing up some stuff. I had seen Abby a couple of times and I had had a phone call with James this week.