Chapter 85 (*)

Violet.

"Really? You guys decided on a date?" Harry asked with raised brows. I slowly took a sip of my coffee, also waiting for Louis to answer.

Harry's arm was casually draped around my shoulders, and it didn't feel that weird. I had let him touch me earlier, feeling the palms of his hands glide over my skin. My mind had been a whirlwind when he was touching me, and I had tried to distract myself by kissing him.

The softness of his plump lips was something I had been craving for so long. Just us lying in bed together, stealing small kisses, hovering our lips over one another as we caught each other's breaths. It was one of my favourite things in the world to kiss him.

I constantly repeated in my head that it was Harry touching me, and that I loved and trusted him. The memory of Chase's hands had to be removed from my brain and replaced with new, good memories. It was a huge step, and I knew I had subconsciously cuddled into Harry during our nap which was my body telling me what it wanted.

I was just so sick of the constant battle between my heart and my head. So I pushed myself once again, and I had no regrets. Harry's arm felt heavy around me, yet still comforting. I tried seeing a silver lining in this, tried to enjoy his touching rather than flinch away whenever I felt his fingertips on me.

It was going to take some getting used to, and he knew it as well.

Louis slowly nodded at Harry's question, "Yes. Three weeks from now."

"That soon?" I asked in surprise and Louis shrugged, "Yeah, why not? Is that weird?"

"No. Not really. I mean, you guys decide. I just didn't expect it, Eleanor mentioned something about the end of the summer." I explained.

"Well there was this last minute opening in the venue we really wanted. Some guy died or something, or knocked his fiancée up, not sure." Louis spoke casually and I winced under my breath at his lack of a filter once again.

"It's this estate in the countryside where Eleanor's parents got married all those years ago. It's like a farm and it has a hotel with it, so we booked the whole thing. It's going to be all nice and private. So we're making a whole weekend out of it. We expect everyone to arrive on Friday night and then the wedding's on Saturday evening. On Sunday we can all just chill out and enjoy our hangovers and then we leave for the honeymoon on Monday morning."

Louis took a sip of his coffee, "We wanted to make sure Harry was out of Clarendale's, and since he's out in two weeks... It just makes sense."

"Aw, you planned your wedding around me, did you?" Harry asked smugly, smirk plastered on his face and Louis rolled his eyes, "Kind of have no other choice. Oh yeah, that reminds me... Will you be my best man?"

I choked on the sip of coffee in my mouth as I intended to gasp without realizing my mouth was full. I spluttered and coughed for a moment while Harry gently patted my back.

"Sure man." He answered, just as bloody casually as Louis had asked it.

"That's it?!" I cried out when I had recomposed myself. Louis looked lost at my little outburst and I let out a groan, "Oh my God, I thought you were going to plan something to ask him."

"Why?" Louis fidgeted in his seat, clearly wondering if he had handled this the wrong way, "Is that how girls do it?"

"Yes!" I exclaimed, "We make it all like special and stuff because it's a huge deal! You can't just ask someone to be your best man in the same way you'd ask them where the fucking toilet is! In a cafeteria in a rehab!" I scolded Louis in a pitchy voice.