Chapter 64

Harry.

- One week later - 

"That's great, Harry, one more!" Pete urged me as I lifted another weight. Sweat was dripping off of my forehead, my hair held back with a bandana as I stood in the gym at the mansion, in front of the mirror, lifting weights with my right arm.

The strain in my muscle was excruciating, but I wanted to practice and get back to my old physique as soon as possible. When he told me I could drop the weight, I did immediately and it landed on the floor with a loud thud while I let out a breath, closing my eyes and relaxing my body as my arm felt heavy.

"Lots of progress already." Pete commented with a nod as he scribbled some stuff down, "You should rest now for a few days and I'll come back on Monday to train again. Sounds good?"

Pete was part of the gang but had a physiotherapist education before that. It had been about a week since my surgery, and I had been trying to lay off the oxy and use training as a pain relief. It had been frustrating to see my body not co-operating in the way I wanted it to.

Pete patted me on the shoulder as I was still catching my breath. "When can we start boxing?"

"Think that's a bit too much of a direct hit on your muscle. I'd start with weights first, bicep curls and all before doing any sort of thuds like that. And don't train without me, you'll overdo yourself." He pointed at me sternly and I rolled my eyes before shortly nodding.

I reached for the sling, placing it around my shoulder to support my arm before I exited the gym and made my way towards the bedroom Violet and I shared. 

She was on the bed when I walked in, nose buried in a book.

She had finished Pride and Prejudice by now and had moved on to reading the Harry Potter books. Again.

Violet was wearing sweatpants and a large sweater even though it was such a hot day today and she usually opted for dresses then. I wondered how on earth she wasn't burning up right now.

"Hey." I smiled and she lowered her book to slightly smile back. "Hi. How was it?"

"Fine, really need a shower though." I breathed, wiping my forehead with the back of my hand. She didn't say anything as she was back to reading her book, and I walked over to her side of the bed, snatching the book out of her hands. It was Prisoner of Azkaban – no surprise there.

Violet frowned upon my action, reaching her arm up to grab her book back but I only held it higher, a slight smirk on my lips as she seemed very unamused by me breaking her reading time.

"Join me." I mumbled and she let out a sigh, "What?"

"Join me," I repeated, "in the shower."

Violet froze slightly, dropping her arms as she stopped reaching for the book and she diverted her eyes away from me. "I already showered this morning."

"Two showers a day never killed anyone." I answered coyly. We both knew the shower wasn't for showering anyways.

"I'm really tired, Harry..." She breathed, "going to make it an early night."

I noticed her heavy eyelids and pale skin. She did look tired. She had been looking tired for days now even though all she did was sleep.

I frowned slightly at her excuse, but decided not to push it. "Okay." I muttered, giving her the book back and she smiled thankfully as I let out a breath and disappeared into the bathroom, closing the door behind me but not locking it, in case she changed her mind.