Chapter 35 (*)

Harry.

On Monday morning, Violet and I drove down to my apartment to get her settled there. The car ride had been silent, the whole morning had been silent. I knew she was confused about what had happened last night, especially since she tried to kiss and seduce me in bed and I had rolled away.

It was the first time she had taken initiative in bed and I denied her.

I used the oldest trick in the book and told her I had a headache. She didn't say anything and we drifted off into a sleep before she routinely woke me up around 3 in the morning from screaming and thrashing due to a nightmare.

She did her ritual and I assisted since her arm still wasn't doing what it was supposed to. 

She decided to go back to work tomorrow, one week after being attacked. I didn't say anything, knowing it would result in a fight if I tried to keep her here. My talk with Niall had left me unenergized and had left my brain clouded.

We silently walked up the stairs of my apartment and I opened the front door, showing her the new alarm system I had installed.

"The code is 7450. Took regular numbers and not a specific date or something, it's harder to crack like that. Nobody knows this code, except for Louis and you. You can't tell anyone, not even Finn or William, okay? Or Abby." I spoke, holding up two bags with our stuff as I guided her into the apartment.

"So, this is the living room." I pointed to the living room and she snickered. "You don't have to go all tour-guide on me, Harry, I've been here before."

I nodded at her words. "Right. I'll let you get settled then." I brought the bags to the bedroom, where most of her other stuff was that I had brought down from her apartment. She seemed to tense upon seeing all her personal belongings, and I could tell it reminded her of what happened at her apartment.

"I made the spare bed for you." I awkwardly spoke and Violet frowned. "I'm not sleeping in your room?"

"Only if you want to."

She chuckled. "Of course I want to. Why wouldn't I? Think it's a bit late to start sleeping separately." She stood on her toes and pecked my lips softly for the first time that day before she turned around and started unpacking. 

The bruises on her neck were a yellowish-green by now, fading obviously as the days went by as well as the one on her face. Eleanor had given her tips on how to cover it with make-up, so she'd be good to go starting tomorrow for the RSP.

I cleared my throat. "I emptied part of the closet for your stuff, and there's some extra space in the office too if you have any like, documents and contracts. And this is your key." I held out the silver key for her and she took it from my hands, inspecting it for a moment. 

"Thank you," She smiled, "Do you not mind that I'm staying here? I don't want to be a burden."

"Not at all."

Violet smiled before continuing to unpack, and I left her in the bedroom as I walked into the kitchen, trying to see what I could use to make us some lunch. The conversation I'd had with Niall was prominent in my mind as I aimlessly scanned my fridge. It made me take a step back from Violet, even though it pained me to not act the same way I usually did. She would notice quickly and I had no idea what to tell her then.

I need to hear that you love me?

I sounded so pathetic. Even though she technically couldn't leave, since she was an official part of the gang, I still wanted her to stay for me

Violet had not been reassuring me at all these past few weeks, and all the steps we had taken is because I pushed us there. If I'd left it up to her, we would be nothing more than acquaintances who talked at the bar every once in a while.