Chapter 30

Harry.

"I don't fucking care, Gabriel, we have to do something! How can we have no leads on this?!" I roared while I stomped my fist on the wooden desk where Gabriel was sitting behind. He leaned back in his chair and stayed calm as I paced around the room, running a hand through my hair.

The stubble on my chin was evident, longer than I had ever let it grow but I hadn't shaved in almost a week by now.

Zayn stood up and put a hand on my shoulder in an attempt to calm me down. I took a deep breath and sat down in my seat, gripping the armrest tightly to contain my anger.

"Have you slept, Harry?" Gabriel asked from behind his desk and I rolled my eyes, "Doesn't matter, let's keep going."

He shortly nodded and we all diverted our attention back to the map that was sprawled out on the table. On the side were two pictures, the faces of the men I had shot in Violet's apartment, along with information on them and their fingerprints.

It was Thursday by now, two days since Louis and I hurried to Violet's apartment after she had texted him that her door was open. Two days since we found her roommate dead in his bed, two days since I saw that man strangling her, two days since I put bullets through both their skulls and two days since she had been awake. Two days since I had seen the hazel in her eyes.

The last time we talked she told me not to wait for her.

"That guy," Gabriel tapped his finger on the photo of the bald Scottish man, "didn't give you any information?"

I shook my head sternly. "No. I shot him in the knee, he still wouldn't budge."

"Yes, that was quite messy work... Why didn't you interrogate him longer?" Gabriel frowned and I clenched my jaw. "Was a bit preoccupied with other things, like making sure my bloody girlfriend wasn't dead."

"I'm telling you it's the South gang, that's where that Jason guy belongs with. He's been following Violet for over a week, who else could it be?!" I snapped, pointing my finger repeatedly on the map. Gabriel shook his head slowly.

"We have a good alliance with the South gang. There's no reason for them to pull something like this. And they're not strong enough to try something this bold, they know we could take them down in a minute. That Jason was probably just trying to scare her. He's an amateur the way he approached her at that café."

"How about that new motor-club that's been setting up at Hyde Park?" Niall popped up and Gabriel once again shook his head. "There is literally no reason why they would come after any of us. Or how they could know who Violet is."

"Maybe they just want power? Try to take down the big guys for an image boost in the city?" Niall suggested and I nodded along, it wasn't a half bad idea. It was better than anything else I had managed to come up with in the past two days.

"Boys, if we have to track down everyone we've ever bothered or everyone who wants power in the city, the list is endless." Liam groaned and we all nodded in agreement.

Gabriel seemed in thought as he tapped his pointer finger against his bottom lip. "Niall and Liam, you two should check out that motor gang. Been meaning to make contact with them either way, see if there's an alliance possible there or maybe even a job for us. I don't think they're well organized yet to pull of something like this, or how they'd get the information, but let's just hear them out."

Niall and Liam nodded simultaneously and I rubbed my face in desperation.

"And it's not possible it's someone from her personal life? Like maybe an angry ex?" Gabriel asked with a frown and everyone turned their head towards me. "No, she doesn't have bad blood with anyone. She has a small circle and doesn't have any serious exes, or none that it ended badly with. That stuff is all from years ago." I shook my head.