Chapter 82 (*)

Harry.

"Let's talk about sex."

Violet nearly choked on her sip of coffee as Nick breathed out the words, and I had to admit that even my eyes widened slightly.

"What?" Violet piped up as I scratched the back of my neck uneasily.

"Sex." Nicolas repeated, "I've come to know it's quite an important part of your relationship, as is normal. I've also come to know that you, Violet, struggle with intimacy issues since reconciling with Harry."

We were seated in Nicolas' office again on the gloomy Thursday afternoon. In contrary to the last few weeks, it had been a bit colder again in London and it had been raining all day. Violet had come in with a soaked T-shirt, so I couldn't deny her when she asked to borrow one of mine so hers could dry in my room.

"Sex is how you two started. It's how you met, it's how you bonded. It's also what broke you up." Nicolas continued and I frowned, "Sex isn't what caused us to take a break." I refused to say 'broken up' because in my mind, Violet and I had always been together, even during the times we didn't speak.

"Well, let me rephrase it then; let's talk about intimacy." Nicolas corrected himself and I slowly nodded, agreeing more with what he was saying now.

Violet looked about ready to die next to me, and I knew she was way too shy to talk about stuff like that. She was shy about it with me, let alone with Nicolas. I slightly leaned over and patted her knee reassuringly while keeping my eyes on Nicolas. It hadn't gone unnoticed to him, and he cocked up an eyebrow.

"When was the last time you two slept together?" He went in straight for the kill.

I felt Violet shifting in her seat nervously while I cleared my throat, "The night before she was taken into the basement. So that's like... Two months and a half now, I'd say."

"Right." Nick slowly nodded, shifting his eyes between the two of us. I knew without watching that Violet's face was as bright as a tomato and I knew he'd snap her like a twig in a matter of seconds.

"Violet, is that how you remember it?" He asked her.

"Last week." She blurted in a panic and I rolled my eyes, "Way to be light and breezy."

"I'm sorry! I'm a terrible liar, you can't ask me to keep stuff like that to myself!" She defended and I let out a sigh while Nicolas looked rather unamused, "I thought I'd asked you two not to have sex."

"It wasn't like..." I tried to search for the right words, "I mean, it was good for us, like intimate and stuff."

He took the glasses off of his nose and polished them on his dress shirt, "The only reason I asked you two not to have sex, was because I don't want you to use it as a way of ignoring important topics, or use it to settle your differences instead of talking about them."

"We don't do that." Violet piped up and I shook my head, "We don't."

"Well, Violet, I mainly have to ask you," Nick gestured to her, "How was it for you?"

She fidgeted in her seat and let out a breath, "Um... Well, it was on my terms. So it was... comfortable, and even though it was scary and I was nervous, Harry was really sweet and patient so... yeah."

I smiled and nodded, it was exactly how I had experienced it. Even though she nearly gave me a heart attack when she took her dress off and I saw that black underwear and her perfect body, I could tell it was a big step for her.

I had lasted for such a short amount of time, but I hadn't expected anything less from our first time together again. It's what I had been dreaming of for months, and it was so unexpected that I didn't even have the time to pressure myself about performing.