Chapter 62

TW:

physical and emotional abuse

Mentions of sexual abuse (unwanted touching) and verbal abuse

Use of guns

Violet.

"H-Harry?" I whimpered through the gag, squinting my eyes as if I didn't believe he was actually here. He was being held back by Finn who pointed a large gun straight into Harry's chest, but he almost didn't seem to care as he pressed himself further into it to reach me.

Finn shoved him back though, and Harry stumbled further from me until his back hit the opposite wall.

Sam, the guard who manned this particular door, came in to help Finn and tie Harry up, bringing both his arms forcefully over his head to tie them around the metal pole that ran over the ceiling. He was tall enough for that, but I knew it'd be uncomfortable in a minute as all the blood drained out of his hands, leaving them white and numb.

Harry struggled tremendously, cursing and insulting them as he thrashed his body and kicked around. At one point, I was almost sure I saw him spitting in Finn's face, who just glared back at him emotionlessly.

Once they had him tied, Harry struggled for a little while against his new restraints. He looked tired. Dark bags under his eyes while his hair was messy and tousled. He wore his signature black outfit and his eyes were frantically searching for mine while simultaneously darting around the room to see an escape route.

There was none.

I had been in this room for six days and had seen every inch of it. Some of it too up close for my liking. There was no escape route.

When his green eyes found mine, he seemed to both tense up and relax at the same time. A feeling I had too. My heart leaped into my throat, finally feeling so much relief from seeing him. My favourite person. The one I had been waiting for.

He hadn't forgotten about me. He had been searching for me.

But at the same time, I felt incredibly scared because I knew we were both tied up in a basement here and there was no telling how long we'd have to be in this position.

I had no idea how long Chase would let him live, or let me live.

The door slammed shut behind Finn and Harry and I were left alone. He tried with all his might to get free, tugging and pulling on the metal bar. His biceps flexed each time, but it was no use.

"Harry." I croakily managed to get out, muffled against the gag. He hadn't heard me, too focussed on trying to get free. He kicked his legs out, seeing if they reached the door behind him, but they had tied him up too far away from it.

He kicked his legs up again, bringing them over his head until they rested against the metal pole. He hung upside down now, and his boot came down forcefully on the cuffs that held him. He grunted with each kick, trying to break them with his boots, but nothing worked.

I could only imagine how scary this had to be for him. Last time he was cuffed to a pole in a basement, he saw his mother die in the worst way possible.

"Harry." I tried to get his attention again once he was back with his feet on the cemented floor. He finally seemed to snap out of his frantic state and he stood perfectly still as he watched me.

"Vi, baby, fuck – thank God you're okay." He sighed, eyes darting over my body. He lingered on the red line on my stomach, where Chase had whipped me only minutes earlier. It hadn't broken skin, it wasn't bleeding.