Chapter 14

TW: mentions of self-harm

Violet.

"Harry?" I was quiet as I entered the bedroom and found him in the exact same position as he was in a few hours ago. His breathing was so silent that I quickly double checked his pulse to make sure he was indeed alive. 

I knew from previous experience that he wasn't a snorer.

I placed the steaming cup of coffee on the bedside table and gently pulled the curtains open, letting daylight seep into the room. It was around 10 in the morning, and Harry had been out of it ever since we had sex last night. Or rather, he had sex with me.

He grunted when the light hit his face and I noticed his face scrunching up as he stirred a bit. "Harry." I spoke again, dropping my hand on his shoulder to nudge him. His eyelashes slowly moved as his eyes fluttered open and he took in his surroundings. 

"How are you feeling?" I asked, sitting down on the space of the mattress that he wasn't occupying, hand still on his shoulder. He was only in his T-shirt and briefs beneath the sheets even though this room was far from warm.

He looked rather out of it when he was still looking around the room in a dazed way. "F-Fine." He eventually answered with a very hoarse and low morning voice. 

"I made coffee." I pointed to the mug on the bedside table and Harry followed the direction my finger pointed in. He was about to say something, but before he could, his body suddenly jolted up and he thrashed around in the sheets. I was surprised by his sudden movement, the sheets he had thrown off covering my vision slightly as I heard him running towards the bathroom. 

I was confused before I could hear his retching and vomiting into the toilet.

I took the coffee cup and brought it to my own lips, feeling guilty that the smell of it was what had upset his stomach. He hadn't eaten anything yesterday so I couldn't imagine much food leaving his body. 

It was another minute before I heard him flushing the toilet, and then sound of running water. He slowly walked back, stopping in the doorway with a toothbrush in his mouth.

"Sorry." I mumbled, instructing my eyes to stay focussed on his face and not dart down his muscular thighs.

Harry didn't say anything but went back into the bathroom to spit out the toothpaste.

"Do you want something else to drink? Tea? Or just some water?" I asked once I got up from my seated position on the bed. Harry walked over to the closet and pulled out some sweatpants and a hoodie while he shook his head. "I'm really not in the mood for food."

"That's alright." I smiled at him. He seemed annoyed and aloof as he crawled into the clothes, a visible shiver running up his spine as he stood up straight to tie the strap of the sweatpants around his waist. They hung rather low on him and he balanced himself on one foot while trying to slip on some socks. The fact that he was almost toppling over only seemed to agitate him more.

"Did you sleep well?" I asked, taking another sip of warm coffee. He seemed to almost glare at the mug in my hand before he nodded. "I did. You have a comfy bed. And I was tired from... you know."

Not giving me an orgasm?

I nodded. "I know. So, why don't we sit down on the couch and hang out a bit?" I nudged my head in the direction of the living room and Harry didn't protest. We were soon seated on the couch, him bobbing his knee up and fiddling with his hands. He let out a sigh, resting the back of his head against the couch cushion.