Chapter 63

Violet.

The steady beeping of the machines were almost hypnotizing as I sat on the hospital bed, eyes trained on Harry who was in the bed next to me. He was asleep, green eyes hidden by his peacefully closed eyelids as a tube hung out of his mouth and several machines were hooked up to him.

He was in a hospital gown, shoulder exposed but covered in bandages and wires. He had been out of the surgery for about thirty minutes now and was supposed to start breathing on his own any minute. 

He would wake up.

When we arrived in the hospital, I was out of my mind. I screamed and cried like a mad woman when they dragged Harry away to take him to surgery, to the extent where I didn't allow anyone to touch me when they attempted to have a look at the marks on my back or the bruise on my head.

I was pretty sure I had kicked someone.

Eventually they sedated me, hooking me up to a bed where I woke up about an hour later, still out of my mind. The fact that my hands were restrained, sent me into another fit of panic, and I ended up screaming and crying again until they sedated me once more.

A heavier dose, so it had seemed. I was calm now. Dazed. Even though there was a noticeable shiver running up and down my back every few seconds.

Even though no one was touching me, it felt like I could still feel Chase's hands running up and down my sides, as if I could still feel the whip hitting me, as if I imagined opening my eyes and being back in that basement.

My right hand continued to feel heavy as if the gun was still resting in it.

I couldn't believe I had attempted to shoot Harry twice.

Everything that had happened in the past few days had been both a daze yet happened extremely fast at the same time. It was like I had blinked and I was here, whilst it also felt like I had been locked in there for about a month.

The sedative was still running through me, calming my nerves slightly when a very friendly nurse approached me and asked if she could have a look at me. I agreed as long as Harry was within my sight. He had been placed in the bed next to mine after his surgery and I hadn't taken my eyes away from his sleeping form ever since.

Louis left the room momentarily when nurse Ava assisted me in tugging the jumper over my head.

"Are you okay if I take this off?" She softly asked, pointing to my bra. I looked down, seeing the red bra hanging loosely around my shoulders. The fabric was ripped in a few places from the whip, and it was covered in blood.

I nodded shortly, looking back at Harry. I flinched slightly when she unclasped my bra from behind me and I sat sideways on the hospital bed, fully naked from the waist up.

I didn't object. I had no energy.

I was glad she didn't ask any questions.

At Percy North, Gabriel apparently had connections at the board and with some of the top surgeons. No one here would ask questions about why I seemed to have been whipped and why Harry had a gunshot wound to his shoulder. No one would inform the police, no one would ask questions.

Ava was silent as she disinfected my skin after she had ran a lukewarm sponge over it. I didn't know if the wounds needed cleaning or if she did it simply in an attempt to calm me down. It didn't help either way.

My eyes were locked on Harry's face from my position, darting momentarily over to his chest that rose and fell in a calming pace.

"Are you wounded anywhere else?" Ava asked and I shook my head.