Chapter 8 (*)

Violet.

The rest of the week went by rather boringly. Life at the RSP was what could be expected of it. Alex and I worked well together and we managed to actually entertain our kids all week. 

Harry and Louis came by again to visit Ian on this Thursday evening, but I had planned a seperate therapy session with Aaron so I managed to avoid them. 

I hadn't heard much of Abby either and I suspected she was pretty angry with me for going outside with Harry and ditching her at the Mayfair.

We had never fought over a boy and I didn't see why this needed to change now. She had a crush on Harry, I didn't. I wondered if I should tell her that I had asked Harry to stay away from her as part of our deal. I did it in her best interest, trying to keep her away from a life in a gang and a life filled with drugs and criminal activity. 

I did feel like even if I wouldn't have asked Harry to leave Abby alone, they still wouldn't work out. He just didn't seem genuinly interested in her, he didn't really seem to like her so it was just going to run its course. She was going to get over it and everything would be fine.

"Bye Alex." I stifled a yawn as I waved at my colleague and made my way to the train station. It was well past 10 p.m. but I stayed behind to catch up with Stephen from the night staff. He was a colleague I didn't see all that often so it was a rare moment when we got to talking a little bit. I didn't mind staying a bit longer once I remembered that tomorrow was the final work day of the week.

The train ride home was short and filled with falling in and out of sleep. I rather hazily made my way to the apartment building, letting out a disgusted groan when I saw a pile of vomit next to the entrance. I passed by a few neighbours in the hallway and had given up being friendly to them a long time ago. 

I knew that living in a building like this was hard, and I couldn't let myself be bullied by anyone. None of them ever said hi to me, so I never said hi to them.

"Pierre?" I called out as I entered the dark living room. I heard some sounds coming from his room and was pretty sure he brought a girl back home. I rolled my eyes and quickly scanned through the mail. 

My heart dropped into my stomach when I saw all the bills from a week ago, receiving the payment reminder already. I frowned and felt my throat tighten when I saw one letter from Saint Mary's psychiatric hospital.

"No, no, no." I muttered, quickly opening the letter and scanning it until my eyes dropped down to the number at the bottom. "Fuck." I was trembling and tears formed in my eyes when I saw the number I owed.

I got financial assistance for the psychiatric bills, but I still didn't have any money left to pay the rest. "Fuck." I repeated, slamming the letter back down on the hallway table as I covered my face with my hands and sobbed for a little bit. My hands were shaking as I tried to calm down. How on earth was I supposed to do this?

I grabbed my phone and dialled the number I never thought I'd call. He picked up after the first ring.

"Violet?"

"Hi."

"What's wrong?" Harry's voice sounded urgent as he tried to make himself understandable over the noise. I was guessing he was at the bar. 

I sighed and rubbed my forehead. "I'm sorry to bother you but... Is there any chance you could get me a job at your bar?"

Harry was silent for a moment. "You want to work here? What about the RSP?"

"I still work there, I just need more money." I was getting slightly impatient from this phone call. Could he get me a job or not. 

It was quiet at the other side of the line for a bit until Harry let out a breath. "Fine. Can you come in tomorrow night for a trial?"