Chapter 51 (*)

11 000 words of smut, enjoy lol

TW: mentions of self-harm (non-graphic)

Violet.

"Hey." I sighed with a smile as I sat down on the couch at the bar. Harry's eyes lit up when he saw me and he leaned in, surprising me in a rather deep kiss that made me blush. I could feel everyone's eyes on us and he pulled away with a smirk. "Didn't expect you here so quick, petal."

I said hi to Louis and Zayn who were on the couch too, in a deep conversation about a girl Zayn had been seeing.

"Yeah, Victor let me off a bit earlier since I came from the hospital." I spoke.

"How's Eve?"

I shrugged and put my purse down. "She's awake. They're keeping her for observation, she's doing fine."

Harry surprised me again when he affectionately pecked my temple and let his hand rest on my thigh, "You did so good today."

"Yeah?" I asked warily, and he quickly nodded, "I'm really proud of you. You handled so quick."

I felt a lot better about my day now that I had seen Eve alive and well. She perked up quickly, and the hospital staff had been incredibly supportive and understanding of her situation. A lot of people didn't understand self-harm, but I was glad she was in good hands.

After they repeatedly praised and assured me that I had done the right thing, and that I had handled quickly and kept her from losing more blood, I felt strangely proud about my work day.

Somehow I had subconsciously managed to stay level headed, and Eve was fine and she would heal completely. Of course I knew her self-harming issues weren't fixed by a long run, and the RSP was probably not even the right facility to help her with that.

After the six months she'd spend with us, I'd advise er to go somewhere else to help her with the trauma and abuse she's suffered in her young life.

"And she's just going back to the RSP? Not a different facility?" Harry asked.

I shook my head. "Nope. She's going to have more extensive therapy since she's dealing with a lot of trauma that the drugs kind of made her forget. She needs a better support system, and foster parents lined up." I breathed with a sad smile, already knowing that would be a huge issue.

"Why don't we foster her?"

I spit out the tequila that I had sipped in my mouth, the liquid falling down on the fresh pair of jeans I hadn't even been wearing for thirty minutes. I didn't think my eyes had ever been wider and I didn't know if I should cry or laugh at his words. "H-Harry... What?"

He shrugged. "Temporarily."

"Let me get this straight." I frowned, clearing my throat and putting the shot glass back down. "We don't have a house. We live in Gabriel's mansion. We've been together for like two months. You're an ex-addict and in a drug gang, and we're being hunted by men with four fingers. And you want to bring a 14 year-old recovering self-harming addict into that mix? Really?"

Harry shrugged again and I could tell he had the stubborn look on his face. "We would be good at it."

"Not to mention I am her caregiver." I completely ignored him while the list of cons in my head only got longer. "It's a no from me." I concluded, reaching for the shot glass again. "And by the way, your application would never go through if they see what you do for a living." I added.