Chapter 33

Violet.

"Let me through, I got fucking invited!" Abby's voice was loud even with the front door as a barrier. I heard footsteps on the gravel before the front door of the mansion opened wide and Abby was standing in the doorway, glaring at the security man who guarded the front door of the mansion.

Her eyes widened dramatically when she noticed me a few feet away.

"Hey." I grinned with a hoarse voice, approaching her to give her a one-armed hug. "Oh my God, Vi." She murmured, hugging me tightly until I winced and she quickly retrieved, seeing my black and blue neck and quickly understanding why I was in pain from her hug.

Bob, the security guard looked pissed at Abby's behaviour, and I shot him a feeble smile before he closed the door behind him and Abby was in the mansion.

"I missed you." I smiled, attempting to hug her without hurting myself.

"What happened?" She held my shoulders, eyes inspecting my throat and eye closely. I noticed her head whipped to the side when Harry entered the massive foyer, and she instantly glared at him.

"You." She growled, stomping her feet as she approached him, stopping right in front of him. "Did you do this?! Do I need turn my slap into a punch?!" She yelled and I frowned, quickly standing in between them.

"What do you mean 'slap'?" I held Abby's shoulder back, noticing Harry made no attempts to stop her.

He cleared his throat. "Abby slapped me on Monday, in the bar."

My eyes widened at this piece of information. Abby still looked ready to explode at Harry but I quickly shook my head. "Harry didn't hurt me, he... saved me actually."

"Oh." Her face softened and her shoulders relaxed as she mumbled an apology under her breath.

"I just wanted to know if you guys wanted some tea." Harry said, explaining why he was here. I was ready to nod but Abby interrupted me. "I need alcohol."

"Right." Harry nodded, disappearing in the kitchen as I lead Abby to one of the many seating rooms in this house, giving us some privacy from the rest of the people who were all in the living room. It was Sunday now, and I had finally called Abby now that some of my voice had returned. We had been texting all week, but I had never returned her calls for the sole reason I couldn't speak.

We were seated on the couch as Harry walked back in, a variety of alcohol on a tray in his hands. I grinned at the sight of him serving us drinks, he seemed almost nervous in the presence of Abby who was still shooting daggers at him. I couldn't believe she had hit him.

"Thanks." I smiled at Harry as he was walking out of the door. "I'll give you guys some privacy."

Abby and I were left in silence as she quickly unscrewed the vodka bottle, bringing it to her lips and taking a few sips. I watched with wide eyes as she gulped down more. "Abby... are you okay?"

It was only a second after she put the bottle down that she started crying, making me widen my eyes. I scooted over to her on the couch, wrapping my arm around her and hugging her to my side as I was cooing her. "Abby, honey, what's wrong?"

"T-This is all my fault." She sobbed, holding her palms over her head as her shoulders shook. "I told that guy you were Harry's girlfriend and a few days later y-you get attacked in your bloody apartment. I mean, look at you." She gestured her hand to my face and I smiled slyly, running my hand over her shoulder to calm her down.

"Abby, please, this isn't your fault. It wasn't that guy who attacked me, it wasn't his gang." I quickly explained, hoping to take some of her guilt away. Abby was not to blame for any of this and I wanted her to know that. Her head shot up at my words, her teary eyes looking into mine. "It wasn't?"