Chapter 72

Violet.

- Four weeks later -

I stood outside of the gates of Clarendale's, eyeing the fancy building in front of me. It didn't look like a rehab, it looked like a majestic and expensive hotel.

My shaky index dinger had pressed the bell only a second ago, and I was snapped out of my thoughts when the automatic gate started to open and I made my way down the driveway, seeing the luscious front lawn with the perfectly mowed green grass and the beautiful flowers that were being watered by the sprinklers and some residents who tended to the garden.

The white, marble steps were clean and I opened the large front door to be met with an open space, front desk a few feet away from me. There was a woman behind it, blond hair in a tight updo and make-up done to perfection. A few doctors in white coats walked by, in deep conversation. It seemed as if only attractive, young people were allowed to work here.

"Hi, I'm here to see Harry Styles?" I nervously mumbled to the woman behind the desk. She shot me a gentle smile and nodded. "What is your name?"

"Violet Rae." I could tell from the sound of her voice that she had been the one to call me for this appointment a week ago.

She looked at her computer screen, clicking a few times before humming. "I see. His therapist has asked to see you beforehand. Is that alright?"

"Just the therapist and me?"

"Yes." She smiled and I slowly nodded. "Sure."

"You can wait in one of the chairs there, doctor Hall will be with you in a moment." She motioned her hand to the seating area a bit further away and I shot her a thankful smile before sitting down. I was nervous as I kept switching my legs to cross over one another, letting my eyes dart over the crispy white interior of this place. It smelled like flowers and there was a relaxing zen-like music softly filling the room.

It was... quiet here. Really quiet but in a calming way.

"Miss Rae? I'm doctor Hall, call me Nicolas or Nick. I'm Harry's therapist." A man in his late thirties approached me, white lab coat loosely hanging over his shoulders as he wore a button-up shirt, a tie and a badge of Clarendale's around his neck. I got up to my feet and shook his extended hand. "Nice to meet you, I'm Violet."

He nudged his head in the direction of a hallway and motioned for me to follow him. "You'll get to see Harry in a bit, don't worry, but I'd like to discuss some things with you first."

"Okay." I smiled nervously, following him through a long white corridor that had plenty of artworks on the walls. He eventually opened up a door and led me into his office. It was warm and cosy and I instantly felt relaxed in here. I could tell he was a good therapist from the way he carried himself and the aura he had around him.

I sat down on the chair, putting down my bag next to me on the floor as I fiddled with my fingers on my lap.

"Coffee?" He sat behind his desk and poured me a cup of coffee after I had nodded at his question. "So how are you doing today, Violet?"

"I'm fine, bit nervous." I chuckled as I took a sip of my black coffee. Doctor Hall hummed and nodded. "I understand. It's been a while since you and Harry have seen each other and as I have heard, the last time wasn't that great for either of you."

It had indeed been almost six weeks since I saw Harry last, after I had left him high and drunk in the Mayfair after seeing him with Steph. I shuddered when I remembered that horrible night, how I had a full blown panic attack and cried in Louis' and Abby's arms.