Chapter 47

Violet.

"Let's just get this over with." I breathed, eyeing the building in front of me as Harry and I got out of the car.

Louis and Ian were in the backseat, also climbing out and following us to the front door of Harry's apartment building. I was wearing one of Harry's t-shirts and a pair of skinny jeans as we jogged up the few steps and Harry typed in the code.

I held my breath as he opened the door of his apartment, it feeling so familiar yet so awkward to be here. I glanced around, as if I expected things to be out of place, but everything looked normal yet it didn't feel like it did before.

I involuntary looked up at the ceiling, checking to see if I saw anything out of the ordinary, but I had never noticed a camera before so I wouldn't now. 

Liam had been here last night, scanning the whole place for camera's and he found one next to the light fixture in the middle of the living room, just as big as a pinhead and way too tiny for us to ever notice.

The camera appeared to not have an audio function on it, so they most likely did not hear our conversations while we were being filmed. We of course didn't know if there were any other camera's around the apartment. They could be made so small and subtle these days that it was nearly impossible to spot them.

"Let's get packing." Harry spoke and we all nodded. Harry and I headed into the bedroom, filling up suitcases with most of the clothes we owned, as well as emptying the bathroom for any stuff we might need on a daily basis.

We decided to stay at the mansion for a while even though it felt slightly uncomfortable for me to be there. It was a vast contrast to Harry's apartment as it was almost too large to feel like a home. The only place that felt like ours there, was Harry's bedroom and bathroom, but the second we left those confines, we were visiting Gabriel's house basically.

It didn't feel like home.

I had woken up in high spirits after the way Harry and I had fallen asleep last night. After the initial shock and now that I had been able to sleep off my fatigue, I could realistically look at the situation and have a clear head. I needed it.

"I'm sorry you have to leave this place. It's a really nice apartment." I said as we were folding up clothes and stripping the bed. We wanted to bring the sheets from here so it would feel a bit more like home at the mansion, as well as a few decorative items and some of Harry's paintings to hang up on the wall in the bedroom.

Harry shrugged at my words. "I'm fine wherever you are. This always felt bit more like a bachelor pad anyway."

I smiled at his words, grinning like an idiot now that he was so open and vulnerable with his feelings and more importantly, I was accepting them. I had let myself be open with him and it made things so much easier now that I didn't try to hide or stop my feelings anymore. They were there and they were very prominent and he deserved to feel them.

"And I'm not selling it. If everything calms down and we still want to come back here, we always can. It's a good neighbourhood too." Harry nodded, frowning in concentration when he was folding up one of his pants.

I could tell he didn't like it that I was wearing his T-shirt, but I had hardly any clothes at the mansion so he made an exception for this one trip. 

Today was Monday and my day off before I headed back to work tomorrow. I was working early shifts this week with Stephen and we expected another new kid to arrive tomorrow.

I slightly dreaded going to work while my personal life was such a mess, but at the same time I knew it would keep my mind off of things. Harry and other people in the gang were working on finding out who was after us, and there was truly nothing I could do to help him with that. I'd only get in the way.