Chapter 91 (*)

Harry.

Violet and I were back home, getting changed for the meeting after having had lunch at the RSP.

It had been weird for her to leave for the second time. Somehow, she was quieter, more in her head, and I knew she had some conversations with her kids and they were really the last conversations.

I jumped up when I heard a bang coming from the bathroom, and I hurried over in long strides, pushing the door open, "Violet?!"

"I'm fine, I'm fine!" She reassured me, rubbing the back of her head and pointing to the shower door, "I ran into the door, I'm fine."

She had changed into a bright red piece of clothing that was a short and a top in one. The cleavage was quite low, but the shoulders were modestly covered and it looked classy overall.

"Harry, seriously, I'm fine." She tried to convince me with the least convincing smile I had ever seen. I rolled my eyes, "Shit liar, petal. Spill it."

She shrugged her shoulders, focussing back on the mirror as she was applying some make-up to her eyes, "Just nervous about tonight. It's been a long day."

"I know." I nodded, "Are you mostly nervous about seeing Gabriel?"

"That too. But also just... seeing the house, being in the house. I don't know, it's going to bring back bad memories."

I pursed my lips together, knowing exactly what she was talking about even though I didn't remember half of it due to being so fucking high out of my mind, "Yeah."

"And I'm not sure why, but I've been an emotional mess all day. From seeing James and then going to the RSP." She sighed, shaking her head to herself as she took another deep breath, running a hand through her dark brown hair that reached just below her collarbones now.

"Do you want to just... come sleep here tonight after the meeting?" I suggested and Violet looked at me through the mirror, shooting me a guilty look as she slowly nodded, "Would that be okay?"

"Of course, I wouldn't suggest it otherwise." I walked over behind her, circling my arms around her waist as I rested my head on her shoulder, seeing her through the mirror, "I'd prefer sleeping in our house too. Mansion doesn't feel like home."

Violet smiled slightly, "It doesn't." Her hand rested on mine and she squeezed it gently.

"Do you want anything to eat before we leave?" I murmured, kissing her neck once and she shook her head, "Think I ate enough for a lifetime today. How's the hangover?"

"Mostly through it I think, but I'll stay sober tonight to drive us back. Champagne doesn't sound that appealing to my stomach still."

She let out a giggle, "Alright. Did you have a good day?"

"Mhm," I nodded, "Love seeing you like that. Everyone at the RSP completely adores you, petal. It's crazy."

Her eyes lowered a bit as her smile faltered, "It was tough to leave today. I made the right decision to work at Clarendale's, right?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "I think you did, can't decide that for you. But I think the RSP got a bit too heavy for you. Nothing wrong with a fresh start."

"I know," She sighed, "I just hate saying goodbye. And I'm horrible at it. I get so melancholic and it just... hurts."

"Are you thinking about Nellie?" I mused and Violet shrugged, "Among others. It's what I hate most about the field I'm working in. You see these kids for months in a row, every single day. And even though I try not to, I somehow always get so attached to them. And then they leave and I know they sometimes have to go back to unloving parents, or a bad housing situation, and it just breaks my heart. Wished I could just... adopt them all." She ended in a snicker, and I knew she was joking but her words held some sincerity.