Chapter 61

Harry.

Six days.

It had been six days since I had last seen or talked to Violet.

And with 'seen' I meant through my droopy eyelids as I was half asleep when she walked out or the few hours before in the dim light of the street lanterns when we were having sex in the early hours of the morning.

And with 'talked to' I meant us moaning each other's names and a lazy 'bye' before she left for work.

That had been it. No sign or clue from her since then.

It was Thursday night and I was seated in the mansion living room with my friends around me. Gabriel was pacing around in front of us, and it had been quiet for quite some time. Everyone had been bouncing off ideas, but there were no more ideas left.

We had found Finn's car, burned and deserted somewhere by the edge of London, nowhere near where we had found Violet's phone.

Liam had tried to track the video they sent me but the number was from a burner phone and there were no traces to its location. The number was out of use already.

They had planned this. And what made it worse is that it happened right under our noses.

It was apparent that this 'new gang' was formed with people from this very gang. When Gabriel called an emergency meeting on Friday evening, too many people didn't show up. It was obvious they had all planned this together. It was mainly people from lower ranks. Some of them had been here for a long time but never passed their initiation tests so they never climbed in rank. Others had been newer.

The betrayal from Bob seemed to hurt Gabriel the most. He had been his personal bodyguard for years now, constantly guarding the mansion at any given occasion. It did piece together everything now though.

Bob had been the one to throw the linen bag through the window and then pretended to have been knocked out.

Finn and William knew when Violet came home from the RSP so men of theirs could wait for her in her building. They knew where she lived. What they didn't know is that she had a roommate.

William had even been inside her apartment once.

It had all clicked now.

We had been fucking stupid.

Gabriel had been ruthless. Interrogating and executing his own people when he thought they'd have something to do with the forming of this new gang. Nobody had any information.

Liam had been going around the mansion and had been finding bugs and camera's in every room. If Violet and I ever thought we were safer here than we had been in my apartment, it was a bloody lie. Each living room, the foyer, Gabriel's office, our bedroom... They had all seen what we had done in there.

The thought made me sick, but what made me even sicker was thinking about what they were doing to her. I knew they weren't going to kill her, or at least they didn't intend to.

They also didn't intend to kill my mom.

The torture they had put her through to speed Gabriel up, to annoy him, to fuck with him, had been fatal for her. And maybe it would be fatal for Violet too.

Six days.

My leg was bobbing up involuntary as I sipped some more coffee. I hadn't slept more than a few hours each night. The bed felt too big without Violet, I hated sleeping on my own. Her body, which was usually around a thousand degrees, was my heating source even on the warmest nights. I missed being pressed against her, feeling her breath on my chest, hearing the steady pace of her heartbeat and smelling her scent in the sheets.