Chapter 75

Violet.

Harry walked me to the front door of Clarendale's after our session with Nicolas. Our footsteps echoed through the long, white corridors until the front desk came in sight and the large wooden doors were already open to let the warm, Spring air in.

"So." I sighed, turning so I could face Harry, standing in front of him.

"So." He repeated. His eyes were still slightly red and swollen, and it made me think he cried his eyes out when Nicolas and I were smoking outside. I noticed him hesitating when he reached his hand op to brush a few strands of hair away from my face. And I let him.

"When can I call you?" He asked.

"Whenever you want. I'll visit in a couple of days, I promise. I just need... a little time." I sighed and Harry nodded. "I know. I... I don't know what to say, Vi. Sorry just doesn't cut it anymore. I wished I could take it all back, I really do." He sniffled and I inhaled sharply at his words. We were about to both start crying here at the front desk of Clarendale's.

I reached my hand up and cupped his cheek, surprising him. He froze as I touched him and I let my eyes dart over his facial features that I adored so much. This boy that I adored so much. My heart wrenched whenever I saw him, and the butterflies in my stomach were accompanied with heavy stones.

"Thank you for being here, you have no idea what this means to me." Harry mumbled as he leaned into my palm and I nodded. "For me too."

"I love you." He breathed quietly, but loud enough for me to hear. The words went straight to my damaged heart and I felt my bottom lip tremble as I retrieved my hand. "I love you too."

Harry dipped his head and placed a kiss on my cheek, firm pink lips coming down on the skin and I closed my eyes upon feeling him kiss me. 

I felt a shudder run up my spine from being this close to him for the first time in so long, and I was basically paralyzed on the marble floors of the foyer at Clarendale's.

"Hey, I said no sex." Nicolas' voice startled us as he walked by with a stack of papers under his arms. Harry chuckled while I nibbled on my lip and slightly blushed.

"If you think this is what sex looks like, you haven't really lived, Nick." Harry retorted, causing Nicolas to let out a laugh as he disappeared into another hallway.

I was about to say goodbye to Harry when the receptionist padded over to us. "You are Violet, right?" The lady with the tight blonde bun asked. Her make-up was done impeccably once again, bright red lips gracing her ivory face. I smiled slightly, still having my hand in Harry's. "Yes, I am."

"The warden of Clarendale's has asked to see you." She informed me and my brows raised. I flicked my head to the side to see Harry, who had the same facial expression as me. "Grey?" He frowned and the receptionist nodded.

"His name's Grey?" I chuckled at Harry. "That'll be a fun meeting."

Harry didn't appreciate my teasing and shot me a stern look. There was the possessiveness in him that I hadn't witnessed in a while. I rolled my eyes. "I'm kidding. I'll see you soon." I spoke before smiling at him and following the receptionist.

She lead me to an elevator, taking me up to the fourth floor of the east wing, and I was met with a bright corridor that had windows all over the side. I squinted slightly when the sunlight hit my face and then the receptionist knocked on one of the doors. A muffled voice told her to come in and she opened the door a crack. "Mr. Grey? Violet Rae is here for you."

She stepped aside and opened the door wider for me, motioning to get in the office. I shot her a smile and walked in to the grey carpeted, equally bright office. A man in a black suit got up from his chair and approached me with an extended hand. "Ah, Violet! Robert Grey, pleased to meet you."