Chapter 55 (*)

Violet.

"So I'm thinking that's a 'no' on the park today?" I mused as I stared out of the bedroom window.

It was pouring rain outside, with thunderstorms appearing every few minutes. I brought the back of my hand to my forehead, feeling the small beads of sweat on my skin. It was so warm, almost humid. Too warm for London to handle so we were having a full day of horrible weather.

Harry had just walked in the room, and I turned around to look at him as he gulped down some water. He had been working out this morning, chest heaving down up and down quickly as he was calming his heartbeat from the sports he had been doing.

My eyes darted over his sweaty appearance, the snapback on his head keeping the hair out of his face, and the T-shirt clinging to all the right places. My eyes were glued to his thighs though, muscular and tanned in the shorts he was wearing. 

I wasn't used to seeing Harry in shorts, no matter how warm it got outside he still insisted on wearing long jeans, so this was a treat.

I lingered on his bruised eye socket and temple, seeing it turn a more blue-shade now that it had developed a little. I knew Harry hadn't had the best night sleep since his head was pounding from the blow he had taken, and I had once again woken him up from a nightmare. I didn't mind the nightmares myself, but it bothered me that they kept waking him up in the process.

"Checking me out, petal?" He breathlessly asked with a grin and I blushed slightly before shrugging.

"Don't blame me, you look like a frat boy who would break my heart, which is exactly my type." I joked. 

Harry let out a laugh and shook his head. "No park indeed, but there's other things we can do. I'm going to shower and then we can go." He smiled, leaning in to gently peck my lips before he disappeared into the bathroom.

Harry had insisted that him and I went on a date today. It was Sunday and we both had the day off after not really seeing each other that much all week. And it had been a hectic week.

There was another meeting tonight and then tomorrow, a new work week started for the both of us. We slept in a bit on this Sunday and then Harry went to the gym as I slowly woke up and got ready for the day. I was wearing a black T-shirt dress and put my hair up in a bun to the best of my abilities. The effort I had put into my make-up was feeble because it was already sliding straight off of my face, but I knew Harry didn't care for stuff like that anyway.

I was on a phone call with Abby when Harry got out of the shower, and I had quickly explained the James-situation to her. She was intrigued to know how I was feeling about the whole thing, but I couldn't even really say.

It still didn't feel real to me, just like the whole being strangled in my apartment hadn't felt real to me. I was wondering when it would all come crashing down, and I hoped for my sake it wouldn't all be at the same time.

"You ready to go?" Harry breathed as he pushed his hair out of his face and slid some rings on his fingers. I quickly nodded and said my goodbye's to Abby, promising her I'd give her a call the next day.

"So, where are we going?" I asked as Harry and I walked down the stairs, he took a hold of my hand and laced our fingers together even though I was sure to have clammy palms. He didn't seem to care.

"Well, you know I wanted to go to the park first, right? Sort of recreate that first real date?"

I smiled before nodding. Harry putting in the effort to recreate that date, made my heart warm. He opened the front door and we both flinched when a loud thunder echoed through the foyer. I pursed my lips and Harry nodded to himself.