Chapter 27

TW: mentions of self-harm (non-graphic)

Violet.

It was awkward to say the least.

The four of us were seated in Harry's living room in absolute silence.

Ian was glaring at Harry constantly, who glared back. Harry sat next to me, and I had scooted away from him slightly in order to not edge Ian on any more.

Louis had his hands in his hair, regretting his decision tremendously to bring Ian here on his first weekend. He was muttering profanities under his breath as he shook his head, clearly annoyed with himself.

Harry next to me patted my thigh slightly before he slid his arm over the back of the couch, behind my head. His move caused Ian to let out a dramatic sigh and Harry instantly stiffened. "What is your issue?" He frowned.

Ian rolled his eyes. "Can you just like... not touch all the time?"

"Why?" Harry sighed.

"Because it's fucking weird!" Ian barked and I tensed slightly from the volume of his voice. He was sat opposite me, his leg bobbing up as he tightly held his own hands that rested in his lap.

Louis elbowed him in the shoulder and shook his head, shooting him a stern look.

"And you." Ian then diverted his attention to his brother, who raised his eyebrows, "You knew all along? And you didn't tell me?"

"Ian..." Louis sighed, "It was only to protect you."

"Protect me." Ian huffed with another eye-roll, "Do you remember that whole speech I gave at the RSP about wanting to be treated like an adult? About wanting to be taken seriously?"

I sucked my lower lip between my teeth, feeling guilt course through me. I was present for that conversation, I listened to them talk about their feelings while I had Harry's hickey on my neck. It felt mean now to not involve Ian in this. It felt condescending.

Louis and Ian were bickering on the couch while Harry pinched the bridge of his nose and let out a sigh. "This wasn't how this night was supposed to go." He muttered silently.

"You can't always just assume you know what's best for me!" Ian bit at Louis, who clenched his jaw. "You're my little brother, I'm only trying to help."

"Well, you're not helping!"

"Ian, sit the fuck down." Louis seethed as his brother got up to his feet to pace around. "No!" He barked back.

"You always just make these decisions for me and leave me out of the conversation. I'm not a fucking kid, Louis! I'm nearly 18! I know what I'm doing, I know what I want."

"And what do you want then?" Louis seemed to mock Ian.

"I want to be part of the bloody conversation!! Don't leave me out of everything! Do you know how humiliating it is to think about those talks we've had?! You and her," he pointed at me, "the three of us around a table having therapist-chats while you're out partying together and she's fucking your best friend?!"

"Alright." I sighed, rubbing my forehead at the mention of me. Harry was already about to get up but I quickly grabbed his arm and tugged him back down, giving him the most stern look I could muster. "No fighting." I quickly said.

Ian rubbed his face with his palms and let out a groan. "All three of you have been lying to me!"

I looked down in shame, the weight of his words hitting me. I could tell this hurt him so bad, and that he felt completely betrayed by three people in his life he actually trusted.