Chapter 93 (*)

Violet.

Louis and Eleanor were getting married today.

Harry and I had arrived at the hotel only late last night, after I had to tear him away from Cat and Cleo. He had gone full dad-mode on them, and he looked like a parent who had to leave their toddler on the first day of school.

Our elderly neighbour, Mrs. Baldwin, had offered to look after the two cats during our weekend away, hopping inside the house every once in a while to feed them and clean out the litter box.

During our drive up to the hotel, he had already called her twice to check on them.

When Harry and I talked about getting a cat, he played it of very casually, whereas now I had nicknamed him 'cat boy' because he was absolutely obsessed with hem. More than often I had found him snapping endless pictures of them while they were doing nothing impressive.

He had woken me up in the middle of the night once to show me that they were cuddled up together, sleeping near the end of our bed. I had watched through droopy eyelids, hummed a bit before falling back asleep.

When I came home from work one day and asked what he had been up to, he had stood glaring at me with his hands on his hips.

"Taking care of these two is a full time job, Violet!" He defended himself, pointing to the two sleeping cats on the couch.

Maybe I had created a monster with bringing these cats home.

They had adapted quite quickly to life in the new home, and even though we had agreed to not let them sleep in the bed, that rule had flown out of the window when we were woken up by scratches at the door and loud meows on the first night.

Ever since, both Cat and Cleo snuggled up in the bed somewhere, either pressed against me or Harry, or in between us, or at the foot of the bed on the comforter.

Yesterday, Harry and I were cuddling and kissing on the couch when he started taking my shirt off, but Cleo had been sitting on the coffee table and stared him down with those green Medusa-eyes of her to the point where he cleared his throat and nudged me off of him, "Let's go upstairs." He had muttered, uncomfortable under the supervision of the pets.

The place where Louis and Eleanor were going to get married had a classic farmhouse vibe to it, and we were all staying at the attached hotel for the weekend. Being rich as they are, they had booked the whole place even though only half of it was occupied for the wedding.

Since neither Louis or Eleanor believed in Bachelor and Bachelorette parties, we had simply spent last night all together, hanging out at the hotel bar. Me and Zayn had played some darts, while Harry and Dan had another long talk about the bar and business.

Abby had gotten piss drunk and woke up with quite the hangover while Eleanor had hardly slept from being so nervous and also from spending the night away from Louis. That was a tradition they did believe in, and they had spent their night apart before their wedding night tonight.

We were all seated in the bar again, cups of coffee in front of us as the hotel staff brought out our breakfast and we talked and laughed.

"So, the wedding is at five, and we're planning on doing it outside as you guys know. The weather forecast is quite good, so we think it'll work." Louis explained the timetable of the day, "The wedding's going to last about an hour, and after that it's party-time. Eleanor and I will sneak out for a quick bang and the wedding photos, and after that we'll join you for dinner."

Eleanor choked on her drink and my eyes widened at Louis' straightforwardness. I could already see he saw no problem in the words he just spoke while Eleanor was red as a tomato.