Chapter 13 (*)

Violet.

"Violet." Harry's voice sounded hoarse and croaky as I snapped my head up from my lying position, jolting awake from the sudden noise. I took in my surroundings, realizing I had fallen asleep on the couch while watching Friends. We were well in the second season by now.

The heat radiating from Harry's sweaty body could be felt even though we were nowhere near touching, and I gasped slightly when I saw what he looked like. He was incredibly pale, shaky and wide eyed. His breathing came out in ragged puffs as he tried to keep his hands steady, but his muscles were failing him. I could tell he was somewhat scared and confused, but also annoyed and angry.

"How long was I asleep?" I ask, sitting up straight and rubbing my forehead. One look outside told me it was dark and somewhere during the night. The laptop in front of me was paused in a random Friends-episode. "I-I tried to keep watching to keep myself busy." He groaned, leg twitching involuntary.

I put my hand on his knee and shushed him gently. "How are you feeling?"

"Like an absolute bag of shit." Harry let out a sigh, resting the back of his head against the couch in an attempt to calm down, but I could almost hear his stammering heartbeat. "You need to distract yourself with something." I got up from the couch, frantically looking around for things we could do.

"We could play a board game?" I proposed, opening the living room cupboard that held a few card games. He quickly shook his head no. "Won't work. I don't want to think."

"Cold shower?"

"No." He was almost snapping by now, pacing around the living room while searching for anything that could take his mind off of his withdrawal. I knew that he would be restless in the first moments before the extreme fatigue would kick in and knock him out for most of the week. That's when the nightmares and cold sweats would come, whilst now he was feverish and way too energetic.

He suddenly stopped in his tracks, eyes landing on me while I cocked up an eyebrow. "What is it?"

Harry's lips turned from a tight line into a slight smirk, his eyes softening as he approached me. "I know a good distraction."

I flinched involuntary when he tried to snake his hands around my waist, already dipping his head and leaning in before I quickly backed away from his touch. 

"No, no, no. Not a good idea. It's in the contract." I pointed to the sheet on the wall that had both our signatures beneath it. He wasn't looking at the contract, eyes trained on me as he stepped closer again until I hit a wall and he was right in front of me.

"Fuck the contract." He looked at me with his most seductive eyes, and I knew he was trying his hardest to persuade me as the sweetest smile graced his lips. His head dipped again, nose nudging my jaw to the side so he could pepper kisses on the side of my neck, lips ghosting over my arch where I gulped visibly. 

"H-Harry. I don't think this is smart." My arms were limply hanging next to me, I knew that I'd be lost once I touched him. His hands were on the wall next to my head and I prayed they'd stay there, but let out a shaky sigh when they moved away and rested on my hips.

"Hmm?" He hummed, moving one of his legs between mine to trap me completely, lips still attached to the skin of my throat and slowly leaving wet sloppy kisses down to my collarbones. I was completely melting beneath his touch, trying to keep a clear mind was no use. 

The soft chuckles that got trapped between his mouth and my heated skin, signalled me that he knew he had me in the palm of his hand. I bit down on my lower lip when one of his hands slid beneath my shirt, roaming my naked back underneath the fabric, toying with the clasp of my bra.