Chapter 42 (*)

Harry.

I had yet to utter a single word when Violet and I entered the apartment.

Finn drove away in the black car as I unlocked the front door, leading both of us to the elevator to bring us to the fourth floor of the building. There was heavy tension in the air, and I glanced to my side to see Violet, arms crossed in front of her and her lips in a tight line.

I was almost scared to say something. I could tell she was angry, and I had never seen her like this. I shifted uncomfortably on my feet as the elevator ride was quiet, and I let out a breath when the doors opened and I flicked on the lights in the living room of my apartment.

"Good night." She mumbled as she strode past me. I frowned, "What?"

She turned around with raised brows, "You didn't hear me?"

"I did," I answered, "You're... You're going to bed?"

"Mhm."

"Wait!" I stopped her as she walked in the direction of the bedroom. I was completely confused as we stood silently in the hallway.

"Yes?" She asked.

I scratched the back of my neck, "What did I do? You've been pissed at me all evening."

"That's what you wanted, isn't it?" Violet squinted her eyes and tilted her head to the side.

I frowned, "Well, yeah... But not like this."

"Well, this is what you get." She shrugged, holding her hands on her hips. I stood a few feet away, staring at her as she was still dressed in the snug denim shorts and the black T-shirt. Her hair was slightly wavy, and the sun had kissed her skin today.

About a billion new freckles graced her skin, and she had a slight tan on her arms and legs.

"Seriously?" She groaned in disbelief and I quickly flicked my head up to see her face, realizing I had been checking her out not so subtly. I cleared my throat, "I'm sorry. I get distracted around you."

"Ah," She held up a finger, "But not too distracted to flirt with Steph."

"We weren't flirting." I denied, but I knew it was a lie. We were flirting, and I had deliberately done so in order to get a reaction out of Violet. I didn't expect it to be this one.

She snorted and rolled her eyes, "I'm a girl, Harry. The whole lip biting and pushing her tits up? I basically invented that move."

"Well, I was only trying to make you frustrated, you know, like I've been doing all day."

"You succeeded, I'm very frustrated."

My lips curled up in a small smirk, "Sexually frustrated?"

Violet frowned, "No, you twat. Just frustrated. Can you not think with your dick for one minute?"

My smile dropped and I widened my eyes, "That wasn't my intention!"

"What did you think was going to happen?!"

I realized that by now I looked slightly panicked. I had never dealt with a girl like this and I didn't know if I was going about this the right way. I shrugged at her question, "I don't know, that you'd be about ready to rip my clothes off by now?"

My answer only seemed to make her more angry and I quickly cut her off when she was about to open her mouth, "Which was clearly the wrong idea. I get it. Clearly." I quickly butted in.

Violet narrowed her eyes, "You tried to make me jealous so I'd sleep with you?"

"Um... Yes?" I quietly answered, unsure of what was the right or wrong answer right now.