Chapter 108

Magnus had been worried out of his mind when Serena appeared bruised and a little bloodied, voice raw from all the power she'd expanded subduing Jonathan.

Alec had never been more relieved when Magnus called and said that Serena was ok and with him, and that he would portal her over as soon as he'd seen to her wounds.

Alec's other problem was where his little brother had disappeared to. Ever since Clary and Jace had gotten back, Jace livid with panic for his sister, no one had seen the youngest Lightwood.

But despite Magnus's protests, Serena was going to limp her way towards the Institute before Magnus opened a portal for her.

She arrived in the infirmary where she'd been told that Max was.

Izzy had found him barely alive in her room, blood dripping from his nose and in such a terrible condition that he wouldn't survive a transfer to Idris.

Both the boys had been furious about what happened to Max.

"Look, I'll get Robert and Maryse here, the rest of us will find out who did this to Max," Jace announced, and Alec nodded grimly.

"I'll stay with Max. If he regains consciousness, perhaps he can ID his attacker," Sebastian offered and Alec turned to Serena who he held in his arms.

"You're staying with him," he ordered, his protectiveness of the girl on overdrive after he'd read the rest of those journals.

"Gladly," she rasped, and he furrowed his brows before helping her onto a bed that had been moved in next to Max.

"I thought you wouldn't want to be sidelined?" Alec asked confused and all Serena did was sigh as she pulled out her stele and began to send a fire message that then appeared in Alec's hand.

"I was thrown against a tree and can barely talk. I want to stay here. I'll let you know what happens with Max, just find the son of a bitch," he read from the paper before looking up to his wife who gave him a weak smile.

And both her brother and husband kissed her before rushing out.