Chapter 1082

30 minutes later after breakfast
Matt's POV: As we all stood by the door, I smiled as I wrapped my arm around Gabby while she held Matteo in her arms. Kissing his forehead softly as she looked at him, I smiled. "I will see you later okay buddy? You are going to stop by the firehouse so mommy and daddy can see you one last time before the new year. But until then, you're going to hang out with uncle Antonio." I smiled as I held Gabby close and looked at Matteo. I then moved to rub his back as we held each other close. "Gabby, we should get going."

Gabby then nodded as she gave him to Antonio. "Promise you'll text me when you get home?" Antonio nodded and agreed. "Still scared after my car crash a couple months ago?" Gabby sighed and nodded. "Antonio, don't bring it up before you drive him to your place." I then moved to kiss Gabby's head again to try and calm her down. "Relax babe. He's not going to screw up. Right Antonio?" Antonio nodded and smiled. "Maybe Sylvie should've came with me." Gabby sighed. "Just promise she'll come later. I want to see her."

Antonio bit his lip and sighed. "You can see her but, she stays in the car. She's pregnant after all." Gabby nodded and understood. "Oh, and if you plan on ordering out tonight...can you do Molly's?" Antonio nodded and smiled. "Of course Gabby. But, you guys are going to be busy." I nodded and smiled. "Hermann's family and Cruz's brother are going to work tonight." I then turned my head. "Leon is back in town?" Gabby nodded and smiled. "Oh, and tell Diego to stay safe when he's working tonight." Antonio nodded.

"Still can't believe I let you convince me that it would be a good idea for Diego to work tonight." I chuckled and nodded. "Listen, I am pretty sure that me and Gabby would love to keep talking but...we need to head to the firehouse. Well, after I grab something from the fridge." Gabby then turned to look at me and nodded. "Thank god you remembered, can you go get it?" I nodded and walked over to the fridge to get the chicken wings and sparkling water for our New Year's party.

Antonio then looked at the food I carried out. "What's that for?" I smiled at him. "Our New Year's Eve Party. We are going to ring in the New Year even if we are at work. And this isn't wine. It's sparkling water." Antonio agreed. "Okay then, wish me luck tonight when I'm patrolling the streets." Gabby nodded. "Be safe and make sure that Eva watches him with Sylvie." I then looked at him. "Wait, if you're patrolling. Then how are we doing the visit?"

Gabby then thought about it and sighed. "Video call." I nodded and then decided to kiss her forehead. "We can always stop at their place in the ambulance." Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded. "Love that idea. Now listen, we need to go before we are late. So, let's all get out of here." We all nodded and agreed. Grabbing our bags, I followed Gabby and Antonio out to our cars. Gabby then decided to help Antonio with Matteo.

"Here, let me put him in the car seat." Antonio smiled and agreed. "By the way, thanks for getting a permanent one in your car." Antonio smiled. "It's not like I'm not going to need one in a few months. I still have to install the other one. I am just using this one for Matteo for now." I agreed and smiled. Gabby then walked away with him to put Matteo in his car. Meanwhile, I went to put our stuff in the van so we could leave right after.

Gabby's POV: Walking over to Antonio's car, I smiled as I saw him open the door for me. I then went to set Matteo down and smiled at him. Kissing his forehead softly, I then smiled as we looked at each other. "You are going to have fun with uncle Antonio and aunt Sylvie tonight. Have fun and be a good boy okay? We will see you later." I then moved to stand up again before turning to look at Antonio.

Going to hug him, I smiled as we held each other close. "You be safe tonight. Promise?" Antonio nodded and agreed. "I promise Gabby, I always am safe when I am working. Plus, I am working with Ruzek tonight. We both have pregnant women to get back to." I nodded and chuckled. "Have fun." I then went to hug Antonio before kissing his cheek. "Make sure you visit Sylvie at midnight to kiss her."

Antonio nodded and smiled. "And enjoy your midnight kiss under the stars." I then turned to look at Matt. "You told him where we plan to share our midnight kiss?" Matt smiled and nodded. "He was worried that we would do it in the washroom where it's not that sanitary." I nodded and agreed before looking at Antonio. "Text me when you get home, promise?" Antonio nodded and agreed. "Talk soon." He then went to get in his car to drive off. 

Waving at him as he drove away, I then smiled as I walked back over to Matt. Grabbing his jacket as I stood in front of him, I smiled as I tugged his lips down to mine. "I don't care that you told him that we are sharing a kiss under the stars tonight. However, you do not tell the firehouse okay? I want it to be just me and you out there okay? It's the one chance we have to ring in the New Year alone." Matt smiled and agreed, going to kiss me softly until his alarm went off.

"What's that alarm for?" Matt sighed as he went to look at his watch. "That's my alarm saying we need to leave for the firehouse. So, get in and we can leave." I nodded and smiled before going to get in the van so that we could make our way to work.