Chapter 1098

Meanwhile, at Gaffney Chicago Medical Center
Natalie's POV: As I hang up with Matt, I move to look at Maggie. "Maggie, I need to talk to you about something and I need to relieve you." Maggie then turned to look at me. "Oh my god, are you going into pre-term labor?" I shook my head when I heard Will walk over. "Nat, you okay?" I nodded. "However we have a critical patient coming in. Maggie, it's Ben and Auggie." That's when I saw her freeze. She just nodded and looked at me. "What...what happened?" I shook my head. "Maggie, he was in a car accident. Matt and Gabby will be here with him momentarily."

Maggie nodded and agreed. "I will be in Trauma 2." I shook my head. "Maggie..." It was too late because she was already there. That's when I saw Matt come in with Ben and Auggie. "You already know so, I am just going to take him into...." I was about to answer when Maggie got him. "Ben, you're going to be okay." Maggie then grabbed his hand when she felt Auggie walk up to her. "Mommy." Maggie then picked him up and nodded when I saw Mrs. Goodwin come downstairs. "I heard Maggie's husband was coming in."

I turned to look at her and nodded. "Can you get a reliever nurse? She is out for the night." Mrs. Goodwin nodded and agreed. Meanwhile, Dr. Crockett walked in and went to check him. "What happened?" Matt then spoke up. "Car accident. Not sure." Crockett then looked at Maggie. "You're the nurse on the case." Maggie then nodded. "He's my husband." Crockett agreed and went to grab the CT Machine. "Clear." He then went to check what happened and saw him move. "What's happening?" Maggie then grabbed his hand. "It's okay Ben, I'm here."

Ben then looked around. "Shit, I was coming to surprise you with a quick visit with Auggie before he went to bed." Maggie nodded and understood. "Don't worry, he's safe right here." Ben nodded. "I'm sorry." Crockett then walked over. "Okay, I need to do the scans. Maggie, how about you go sit down outside?" Maggie nodded and agreed. She then walked over to Matt and went to talk to him. "What happened?" Matt turned to look at her. "Car accident. Front facing. Head through window. Auggie was unscarred." She nodded and understood.

"Did he look like he was drinking? He was out with a friend I think." Matt bit his lip and didn't know. "Maggie, I am just the paramedic. However, you might want to do a blood alcohol level test." Maggie nodded and agreed before letting Matt go. That's when I walked over to her and rubbed her back. "It's okay Maggie, we got him." 

Maggie then nodded and agreed as they started to work on Ben.