Chapter 1099

Gabby's POV:
After making my way back to the firehouse, I went to sit in Matt's office because I was having a bit of trouble after responding to that call. It was giving me a bit of PTSD and giving me a major flashback to when I was responding a a similar like that a few months ago. However, that call involved Antonio and Matteo. And while it wasn't exactly the same, it was pretty damn close. In fact, that entire scene was coming back to me and it's all I could think about for a few minutes. It was still painful today.

"Sylvie, you're PIC. You see the RAM? That's Antonio's RAM!" I then shook my head and curled up into a ball on Matt's bed. I felt the same tears that I felt that day and felt as if I was back there. I then started to tear up when I heard Matt come into the office. Looking at me, he knew right away something was wrong. "Hey, you okay?" I turned to look at him and shook my head. He then walked over and moved to sit next to me. Wrapping his arm around me, he held me.

I then moved my hand to his chest and rubbed it as I felt him hold me tight. "What are you thinking about?" I sighed and looked up at him. "The similar situation that happened to us a few months ago. You remember, when it was Matteo in Antonio's RAM?" Matt then bit his lip and nodded as he moved to kiss my forehead. I then grabbed his shirt and teared up a bit because of how scared I was. "I need to relax for a minute. He's safe at home. We are here right now."

Matt nodded and agreed, putting his feet up as he held me in his arms. I then felt him rub my hand. "You want something to change your mind?" I then bit my lip and nodded. That's when I felt Matt sit up a bit and got up. He then moved to grab the profiles we had to look at for surrogates. "Think this can work as a good distraction?" I nodded and liked that idea. I then went to grab one before smiling at the girl. "Does the age matter?" Matt then looked at her age.

"I think she's a bit too young. Look how many surrogacies she's done. This would be her first one. I'm sorry if I am not very comfortable with our child being a surrogate's first try at doing it. I want someone who's done it at least once but...not someone who's done it over 10 times. Does that make sense?" I then looked up at Matt and shook my head. "I agreed with the first try but, I like the fact that someone's been trusted to be a surrogate 10 times." 

Matt then thought about it and nodded before rubbing my back. "I guess that makes sense. However, I want a full physical done on the surrogate before we go ahead. And I want them to check for cancers and everything. I want them to have a clean bill of health. Once they are pregnant, I want them to be able to carry the baby to term." I nodded and agreed with him. "Wonder if any of our friends would agree to be a surrogate?"

Matt then looked down at me and chuckled. I then looked into his eyes since I was being serious. "Oh, you're being serious." I nodded and then went to rub his chest. "Think about it, they would be someone we trust and we would be able to talk to them anytime we want. And they would be just as invested in it as us because they would hate for us to have another heartbreak." Matt bit his lip and sighed. "The only person I would ever trust to be a surrogate for us here is Stella."

That's when I heard Stella speak to us. She was on her way to Severide's room and obviously overheard us. "You would seriously want me to be your surrogate?" I then looked at her. "In a dream world, I would love it. However, I know it's never going to happen because of your career and how you probably want to have Severide's kids before you go ahead with being a surrogate." Stella then looked at us. "Can I come and sit?"

Matt nodded and pointed to the chair. She then moved to sit down and looked at me. "Gabby, I would love to help you expand your family. But, not yet. You aren't ready." I nodded and agreed. "Shouldn't you talk to Severide about this first?" Stella laughed and smiled. "I'm pretty sure he would be totally on board with me helping his best friend have another child with you." That's when we heard Severide walk up. "What's this about you getting Stella pregnant?"