Chapter 1118

Back in present time
Erin's POV: After telling Jay the back story about how I made my way back to Chicago (and him), I looked at him to see whether he was okay with how it went down. Jay just nodded and agreed with what happened while smiling at me. "Erin, I can tell you are worried about how I feel about what you just told me. I can tell you right now that everything is fine and I am glad you are home. That's all that matters to me. The fact that I get to experience this with you as my wife." I smiled when he said that and then nodded as I laid back down.

That's when I felt Jay grab my hand and intertwine our fingers. "But just know that I am going to be with you for the rest of my life. If you ever need to leave, I am coming. Also, I wouldn't mind going to New York when this all clears up so that I can meet your friends from SVU." I smiled at that idea and then nodded while moving to kiss Jay softly. "I love that idea. However, can we just concentrate on getting this little one born first?" Jay agreed and smiled when I said that. "I might start talking to Matt soon just to let you know."

I was confused by what he meant by that. "What do you mean?" Jay sighed. "He literally just went through watching his wife give birth to their first child. I want to know what to expect from the point of view from a new dad." I thought about it and sighed. "I am not sure that he is the best to ask considering he probably has mixed feelings. Remember, he found Gabby in the hospital hours before we gave birth to Matteo. Not really the best memory of how the day started. I still can't believe she did that.

Jay sighed when I said that. "You know it's because of health problems. They mentioned it to us." I nodded and agreed before moving to lay my head back down. "Listen, can we stop talking about them right now? Let's talk about us and where I want to go on a honeymoon this summer." Jay then sighed again. "Let's change that to next summer. This summer, we are going to still be dealing with COVID and a newborn. I would rather be alone on our honeymoon." I understood what he meant and smiled at the thought.

Jay then moved to rub my back. "Oh, and I also want to go somewhere hot that involves us going on the beach." I nodded, understanding. "That means that we need to wait until I have my body back. I am not going to the beach still looking pregnant." Jay chuckled and moved to kiss my head, agreeing with everything because he felt the same way. "Don't worry, we have the gym downstairs that you are going to be able to use the minute that someone clears you to start working out again." I then turned to look at him. "Sure, I'm going to wait until I'm cleared."

Jay then stared at me. "Uhm, yes you are. I am not going to let you workout right after you give birth in case you do something that causes you to tear something. Erin, after you give birth you are going to be on bedrest. You are also going to have to be a lot more careful while working out because we are going to have to make sure that you don't overwork yourself after giving birth. Erin, my brother is a doctor and he has told me before that you need to rest after giving birth. I asked him in the past because I was wondering why he wasn't taking Natalie out on dates.

"They started dating pretty soon after she gave birth didn't they?" Jay nodded and smiled. "I am just glad they are done dating and are now married." I smiled and agreed with him. "I feel the same way, especially about us." Jay chuckled when I said that before kissing my forehead. "I love you Erin." I then moved to rub his chest and nodded. "Love you too."