Chapter 1140

10 minutes later at Antonio & Sylvie's Place
Matt's POV: As I pulled up to Antonio and Sylvie's house, I smiled because Antonio was already out there waiting. I then decided to get out and looked at him. "You guys really need to learn how to communicate. Me and Gabby can't always be her hideout." Antonio sighed and nodded. "I agree. How are they?" I laughed and smiled. "They almost got me to give them both foot massages and to paint their nails. You're doing it with me when we get there."

Antonio nodded and agreed as we both got into his car with me in the passenger seat and him in the driver's seat. "You changed the seat settings didn't you?" I turned to look at him as I got in the passenger seat. "I had to. It's tiny!" Antonio chuckled and agreed as he changed his seat back. "Your kids at Laura's place today?" He nodded and agreed. "By the way, you seriously offer to give Gabby a foot massage and do her nails?"

I sighed and looked at her. "I was bored and there's not much I can do around the house. So, might as well do something that can lead to me getting something in return." Antonio laughed and understood why I offered now. "But Sylvie's nails?" I sighed. "I did them once while we dated. So, that's why I agreed to do it. You need to do it more. The poor girl can't reach her feet Antonio. That's why you do it when she's pregnant."

Antonio agreed and nodded as we left the neighborhood. That's when I noticed that we were in a car that had a police radio. "So that's the sounds I have been hearing the entire ride here." Antonio then nodded as he looked at the police radio. "Yeah, I Keep it in here in case there's a big investigation that needs more manpower. Or, they call me if they need help around here with someone who's mother tongue is spanish." I agreed and nodded.

"You know, I just realized that is one of the benefits of having Gabby on ambo. She can speak to the Hispanic population much easier than me." Antonio agreed and smiled. "Yes it is. By the way, you okay with us staying for dinner?" I nodded and smiled. "Let's give our girls a nice time as a family. After all the stress they've been through last year...we might as well pamper them a little bit today. What do you think about that?"

Antonio nodded and agreed. "By the way, Sylvie eat already?" I smiled. "Antonio, I may not have been with Gabby while she was pregnant but...you have to remember that I have been through a pregnancy before." Antonio then turned to look at me. "You loose a pregnancy with your first fiancé?" I shook my head. "My sister. I lived with her while she was pregnant with my niece Violet. So, I helped Jim out with the pregnancy." Antonio agreed and nodded.

"What are you going to do when it comes to the surrogate? She going to move in with you or are you going to support her financially?" I bit my lip and sighed. "We haven't figured that out yet. We are just starting to talk about it so we aren't doing it last minute. Heck, Gabby is still on both sides of the fence. One day she is all for surrogacy....then we are also looking at adoption the same day. I mean, it's confusing but...I remind her that surrogacy is the safer way."

Antonio nodded and agreed. I then decided to bring up the background check. "Hey, when we pick our surrogate or at least narrow down the list, can you do a background check for us? I would like to know ahead of time if we have anything to worry about? I want this process to be easy. After loosing Louie, I lost Gabby. However, I am scared that it can happen again if something goes wrong with the surrogacy." Antonio then sighed as he stopped at the light.

Turning to look at me, Antonio grabbed my hand. "Matt, you are going to fight for my sister. I know you are not going to let her or your son go for a while. That's why I am so confident that you guys are going to be the ones to make it. I was wrong the first time but...I feel better in my presumption this time." I agreed and smiled when he said that. "Thanks Antonio. Now listen, let's just get back to the house. Then we can pamper our girls which can lead to us getting pampered tonight." Antonio then chuckled and went to give me a high five.

I then laughed when we did that. "Did we just really high five about me getting lucky with your sister tonight?" Antonio laughed again and smiled. "God, our relationship is so weird. I mean, we are friends yet we are also brothers-in-law. I mean, how weird is that." I then added on. "It's about to get a lot weirder because your twins...my niece and nephew just so happen to be my ex's children with her new husband." Antonio then nodded. "Right, you had a brief fling with Sylvie."

I nodded. "Never went anywhere. It felt wrong because of how close she was to Gabby. We went on one or two dates. I kissed her once or twice. It never went further than making out." Antonio nodded and smiled. "Not the picture I want in my head but, thanks for telling me. Seriously man, you think I want the picture of my wife kissing my brother-in-law in my head?" I then sighed. "Sorry, I guess I still find it awkward. Antonio, I am trying my best but...you have to understand how awkward this is for me."

Antonio then went to pull over and looked at me. "What do you mean?" I sighed and looked at him. "I still care about Sylvie. We ended things on good terms and are still great friends. I look at her like a sister now. So yes, I care for her. But, not the way you. Sylvie is almost my future sister-in-law. It's basically like you marrying my sister. That's how it feels in simple terms." Antonio then thought about it and nodded. "Yeah, that's easier to understand."

I sighed and nodded. "You have to remember Antonio. Our relationship is more than just friends with benefits. I've put my life on the line to save hers. Did she tell you about the ambulance crash?" Antonio nodded and sighed. "Yes." I then nodded. "I was the one that saved her. It's what got us close and let us to having our brief affair or relationship. I don't know what to call it. But, it felt wrong. She was my then ex-wife's best friend. So, nothing is happening."

Antonio agreed and smiled. "Good, because you are married to my sister." I laughed and smiled. "Now, let's just end this conversation and get home. The girls want some pedicures and foot massages." Antonio nodded and agreed, driving us back to my place.