Chapter 1104

Antonio's POV: Once Matt explained to me what Gabby's reservations are about surrogacy, we both decided to sit down at the table they had there in the garage. Rubbing his back, I sighed and looked at him. "Well, that's my sister for you. Very opinionated and determined to get her way." Matt turned to look at me and shook his head. "Antonio, not times for jokes. I am scared. What if this causes us to have a bad fight and she runs away again?"

I sighed and looked at him. "If she tries to run, tell me and I will put her name on the no-fly list. That way she can't get to Puerto Rico." Matt glared at me. "Not time for jokes." I nodded and understood what he meant. I then sighed again. "Listen, you guys just need to work this out. You've figured so much stuff out since Matteo was born...I am positive that this is just another bump in the road. Matt, my sister loves you more then you know."

Matt nodded and agreed. "Oh trust me, I already know that. She did give birth to our son remember? Even if it wasn't a good idea for her health." I agreed and nodded. "Still wish she would've told you. You would've loved to experience that." That's when something clicked in Matt's head. "Holy shit, that's why Gabby is so torn about this. Oh, how did I not see this before?" He then rubbed his eyes and felt so stupid. "Matt, speak up."

Matt just looked at me. "Gabby has a heart that loves to help people, especially children. So, of course she would love to adopt. However, at the same time...she feels guilty that I didn't get to experience Matteo's pregnancy with her. So, she wants to do both. She wants to do a surrogacy so that I can experience a pregnancy with her. And she also wants to do adoption so that we can help kids who need help." I then realized that too and nodded. "Maybe."

That's when we heard Gabby come out with Matteo. She sighed and looked at Matt. "If I wanted to do that, would that make me a bad person to want to do both?" Matt then shook his head and looked at her. "No, of course not." Gabby then walked over to him and moved to sit in his lap. "Listen, I get your reservations. And you're right that 3 kids would be a lot. But Matt...that was always our dream. To have this big family." Matt then wrapped his arm around her and nodded.

"Plus, what if the baby we get through surrogacy isn't a girl? I want you to have your princess. Matt, you would be amazing as a girl dad. Matt please just consider it." Matt turned to look at Gabby and smiled when she said that. "Maybe not both at the same time okay? Maybe this year, we concentrate on adoption and then next year we can concentrate on surrogacy? That way, we can be much more involved. The health crisis may prevent us from doing so if we do it now." 

Gabby then looked at him and nodded, having not thought about that. Putting her hand on his chest, she then leaned in to kiss him softly. "Why must my husband be so smart?" Matt chuckled and smiled when she said that. "Antonio, how long do you plan on staying because I would love to spend a bit of time with our little guy." I sighed and looked at them both. "I only have another...." I then went to check my watch. "...45 minutes. So, I can only stay maybe another 10-15 minutes. Sorry it's not very long."

Gabby then nodded and understood. "When chief comes back, we could always drive him back to their house in the van?" Matt sighed and shook his head. "Gabby, we are going to get busy soon. We both know that." Gabby nodded and agreed before sighing. "Can you be here at 9 tomorrow Antonio? I want to have him back with me right when we are done." I then shook my head. "I have no clue how late I'm going to be out. And I am not sure when Diego is done."

Gabby nodded and understood. "Fine, then we'll drop by your place on our way home. Just no complaining at the time we knock. We are coming there because we want our little guy back." I nodded and agreed. "Call me on your way. Then, I can pack everything up and start breakfast. Unless you guys are going to eat here?" Matt then turned to look at Gabby. "I thought we were going to ask him to watch him tomorrow morning? You know so we get time." 

Gabby sighed and looked at him. "Maybe we can ask Sylvie to keep him up late with her? Then he can sleep. We are going to want to sleep too." Matt nodded and agreed. "Can you tell Sylvie to make sure he stays up tonight so he can sleep tomorrow?" I nodded and agreed. "If that's what you want. But then you are getting him right when you're done." Matt nodded and smiled. "Good, then he can go right to bed." I smiled when he said that.

"Okay well listen, I want a hug before I leave." Gabby then nodded as she got up. She then went to kiss my cheek and whispered to me. "Don't forget to call Sylvie at midnight." I agreed and smiled. "Happy New Year sis." Gabby then backed up when Matt went to give me Matteo. "Happy New Year Antonio." Grabbing Matteo from his arms, I moved to shake his hand. "We will talk later. I know you're going to want to talk at midnight."

Matt nodded and smiled. "Yes. Now, how about we go eat Gabby? I think I smell some of the potluck dinner we all brought." I then stared at them. "You are just telling me about this when I'm leaving?" Gabby then bit her lip. "Sorry." She and Matt then walked into the firehouse so that they can eat supper. Meanwhile, I walked back out to my car so that I could drive Matteo home.