Chapter 1083

Meanwhile, at the District
Jay's POV: As I sat at my desk in the office, I watched as Erin finished breakfast. I wanted to make sure she finished eating before we got a bit of work done on intelligence cases since we only had until 5 pm to work on them. We were out patrolling tonight and I was not that happy that Erin agreed to do it. However, I wasn't going to argue with her since we have time together. Not many other people are here yet and that means I could be in her office. In fact, why aren't I in there? 

I then decided to get up and walked into her office before sitting down in front of her. Erin then looked up when she heard me and smiled. "Let me guess, you are a bit bored out there?" I nodded. "Would rather sit with my girls instead." Erin smiled and nodded. "Don't worry, we aren't going to be here long. We just closed a case late last night and wanted to go over the details so that I could bring the final case file over to Hank's when we went over for lunch."

I then looked at her and sighed, wanting to try to change her mind but knew that I wouldn't be able to. Erin just looked at me. "Okay, you obviously don't agree with that idea. So, tell me why." I just looked at her. "My brother advised against it. Going against doctor's orders is what Hank likes to do but...I am not sure we should take the chance since you are pregnant." Erin didn't like the way I said that. "What does me being pregnant have to do with Hank not reviewing a case?"

I sighed and looked at her. "Erin, we want him to be around for when Olivia is born. If he gets stressed, you remember what Will said could happen. It could lead to him having problems again. His heart isn't that strong and if he has a heart attack....then he said it could be fatal. So, in my mind...you being pregnant and Hank not reviewing a case go hand in hand because the stress he could have after reading the case. Does that sound rational at all or am I crazy?"

Erin then looked at me and sighed. "First of all, you are never crazy when it comes to someone's health. You are right Jay that it could definitely affect his heart. And I really should think about that because I want him around for when Olivia is born too." I nodded and agreed. "Sorry for using your pregnancy as the reason why I didn't want Hank looking at the case. Maybe I just worded it wrong but, in a way I feel like I said it right." Erin nodded and smiled at me.

"Jay, just relax okay? You're forgiven. Now, how about you do some work. We both know that once we leave here at lunch that we aren't going to work much this afternoon." I looked at her and smiled. "So, we are leaving at lunch today?" Erin nodded and agreed. "Of course we are. I am not going to stay here all day." Jay smiled as I said that when I heard Sgt. Platt come upstairs. "I am glad to hear that too. Wanted to know when I have to stay until for the gate."

Erin then went to look at Trudy and smiled. "You mad that Randy is working tonight?" She sighed and nodded. "I am going to drop by at midnight." I nodded and agreed. "Oh, look at Platt going soft for her midnight kiss with her husband." Trudy then glared at me. "Shut up chuckles. And you too Mrs. Chuckles." I smiled when she said that, loving my new nickname. "What happened to my old nickname?"

Platt then looked at me. "I forget what it is. I've had a lot of cops move in and out of the district since you left. So, enjoy the interim one." I shook my head. "Nope, this is the one I like." Platt then glared at me. "It's temporary for the exact reason. My nicknames are not supposed to be like. Well, except for Burgess' nickname. I am so sad that I lost her to this place up here. Now, for the reason I came up here. I need to talk to you both about later."

I nodded and looked at her. "What about later?" Platt smiled at us. "You guys are patrolling the downtown area for the curfew and stay-at-home order in order to ensure compliance starting at 4." I was confused as to why it was going to start so early. "Why so early?" Platt then sighed. "Do I need to explain everything to you? It's so people don't go eat out and congregate during the pandemic." Platt then backed up. "Now, you guys enjoy the few hours you have before you're stuck in your pickup for 9 hours." 

I then turned to look at Erin and smirked. "I'm not complaining that I have to spend 9 consecutive hours with the most beautiful woman in this room." Erin was about to say something when Trudy spoke up. "Flattery won't get you anywhere Halstead." I then turned to look at her and walked up to Erin. Putting my hands on her stomach. "Uhm, I was speaking about my wife Platt." Platt then nodded.

"Sorry, that makes so much more sense now." Erin chuckled as she wrapped her arms around me before looking at me. "How far along are you now Erin?" Erin smiled when she asked. "I'm 4 1/2 months. I'm giving birth May 30th." Platt was shocked that she already knew her due date. "I may never have had kids but, how do you know you're going to give birth on that day?" I smiled when she asked. "We scheduled it. That way, we already know that our team is there. My brother and his wife are working that day."

Platt nodded and smiled. "Well, good luck over the next 5 months. Now listen, I need to get my patrol cars ready for tonight. You guys want one or...." I then shook my head. "We are going to use my truck. Erin brought some pillows and some comfortable clothes to wear tonight." Platt nodded and agreed. "If you want to bring a pillow up here, I doubt Hank would mind. You are pregnant after all." I agreed and smiled. "By the way, still wouldn't offended if the baby's name is Trudy Halstead."

I then looked at her. "We aren't changing the name. You said it was adorable remember? Olivia Marie Halstead?" Platt nodded and smiled. "I am joking. Maybe for your next daughter." I was about to say something when Erin decided to speak for us. "We'll consider it Trudy. But, right now you might want to get downstairs before more patrol get here and take cars you don't want them to." Trudy nodded and agreed. "Good idea." She then went back downstairs to work.

Jay smiled when she was gone. "Now, where were we?" I smiled as I kissed him softly, happy to have a bit of alone time with him.