Chapter 1097

10 Minutes Later when the Firehouse Arrives at Molly's
Hermann's POV: As me and the firehouse walk in, I smile when I see Cindy standing behind the bar working on making some beers for orders. That's when she turned to see all of us there. "Shit, Leon! Is there are fire back there you didn't mention?" I then walked up to her. "It's fine Cindy, we are here on a family call. We are also coming to get some food to bring to the shelter. Want to make a donation on behalf of Firehouse 51 and Molly's owners." Cindy nodded and let out a sigh of relief. That's when I saw Annabelle walk over.

"Dad, you kept your promise." I then smiled when she walked over to me. "See, I told you that you would see me one more time this year." She then gave me a hug and smiled when I saw Lee Henry walk over. "Mom has refused to send me out on more than a few calls." I sighed when he said that and turned to look at Cindy. "Cindy, you can't overwork Leon. He needs to earn his paycheck. He's working tonight." Cindy then sighed. "I don't trust the public."

Matt then decided to walk over. "Trust me when I say this Cindy, the cops are all over keeping people home. They are patrolling right now. Antonio is actually out there right now." Cindy then nodded and agreed. "Fine, you get the next delivery order Lee Henry." Lee Henry then seemed excited about that. "You are seriously excited to do that?" He smiled and nodded. "Get to drive on the empty streets of Chicago. No traffic." I nodded and agreed. "It's pretty great."

Hermann then looked at him. "No speeding. The moment I hear you get a ticket, you are done delivery and are back on dish duty here." Lee Henry then nodded, scared because he knew that if his dad didn't enforce that threat, then his mother would. That's when we heard some cops come in. Turning around, we saw it was Burgess and Ruzek. "Sorry guys, you are exceeding the maximum numbers of people in this restaurant." I just glared at him. 

"We own the bar and my family is exempt as they are employees." Burgess nodded and laughed a bit. "Sorry, we just needed something to relax us. We saw it was open and needed something to laugh about. Boring shift." We all nodded and agreed. That was until we all got a call. "Engine 51, Truck Co. 81, Squad 3, Ambo 61...major pileup on I-90 near Washington St."  We all then nodded and ran out to go get in our vehicles. Severide then yelled. "Squad leaves first."

We all nodded and got in.

Matt's POV: 
Once me and Gabby were in the ambulance, I started to drive away when I went to call Gianna Mackey and Noah Valdez who were working on Ambo 61's other rig. "Ambo 61-Casey to Ambo 61-Mackey." Gianna then replied. "What's up? Like the call name." I laughed a bit when Gabby replied. "Can you meet us at I-90 & Washington? Major pileup." Gianna then replied. "Ambo 61-Mackey on route to I-90 & Washington." 

Gabby then turned to look at me and smiled, liking the call sigh I used. "That was a smart way to differentiate our ambulances. Makes it easier to know who to speak to. That's when we heard Mouch speak to us. "We forgot the delivery." Matt sighed. "Mouch concentrate! Accident remember!" Hermann then remembered. "Sorry." That's when we all arrived at the scene and saw that Gianna and Noah were already getting set up. 

Getting out and putting my mask on, I looked at Gianna. "Gianna, I am doing triage. You're going first since you are ready. Gabby, can you get the back ready?" Gabby nodded and agreed as I got out and walked over to Severide. "How many ambulances you think we need?" Severide then went to count the cars. He saw 10 cars in the pileup. "I would say at least 4 more." I nodded and agreed before calling dispatch.

"Ambo 61 to dispatch?" Dispatch then replied. "Go ahead Ambo 61." I then went to reply. "Can you send 4 more ambulances to the scene? We already have our 2 ambulances but have a 10 car pileup." Dispatch the replied again. "Copy that Ambo 61. This Casey?" I agreed. "Yes, Ambo 61-Casey. The other ambo is Ambo 61-Mackey. Does that work for dispatch?" They agreed. "Yes. We will make note that you have 2 ambos tonight. Thanks for help with call signs. Now work!"

I then went to grab what we needed and looked at Gabby. "They spoke to me!" Gabby nodded and rolled her eyes. "We will speak about this on our way back." I agreed and knew that I just screwed up as we both went to get a backboard out. Severide then looked at us. "Here we go, driver #1." I then looked at him and saw it was Ben Campbell. "Okay, where is their son? This is Maggie's husband!" Gabby then looked at me. "Auggie!" Auggie then looked at her from the car.

"Severide, he's in here. Get him out. Then we are going to Med!" I nodded and went to get Auggie out of the car. Once he was out, he passed him to me. "What's wrong with my daddy?" I shook my head. "Just relax buddy, we got it." Gabby then looked at me as I carried Auggie to the ambulance. Setting him in the back, I then helped him put Ben in the back. I then looked at Gabby and spoke. "I will call Natalie." Gabby nodded and agreed. "Listen, forget about why I'm mad. Let's just concentrate."

Gabby nodded as I closed the door. I then went to get in the driver's seat to get us to Med and call Natalie so she could make sure that Maggie stopped working. Once I had the sirens on and we were on the way, I called Natalie using my Apple watch. Natalie answered right away. "Hey Matt, what's up?" I then sighed. "We are on our way with a patient. However, you are going to want to get someone to relieve Maggie." 

Natalie then got nervous. "Who is it?" I sighed and then spoke up. "It's Ben and Auggie. They were in a car accident." Natalie understood. "I will relieve her." I nodded and went to hang up, concentrating on the road as I drove the ambulance to Chicago Med.