Flashback/Advice from Olivia Benson

New York City - September 7, 2020
Erin's POV: As I walked into Manhattan's 16th Precinct, the only person I really want to talk to today is Benson. She's basically my Hank here in New York City. She would know exactly what to say and I can't wait to figure stuff out. Even though Hank told me to never look back and to just stay here in Chicago, that wasn't possible anymore. Why you might ask? Because I just found out that I am pregnant with Jay's child. He came here a few weeks ago and we hooked up.

I haven't even told him yet that I am pregnant. It's not something I can do from a distance because of how I broke up with him. Well, told him I was leaving. We weren't exactly together when I left. But, I hoped he would take me back. I needed his help. That's when I walked up to her door. Knocking on it, I looked at Olivia and bit my lip. "Benson?" Benson then looked up from her desk and smiled. "Erin, I am so happy to see you. But, what are you doing here at NYPD. You need help from SVU for an investigation?"

I sighed and shook my head. "I need personal help from the closest person I have to Hank. And I could call him but, this involves a lot more complicated stuff. It also involves me having to leave New York and head back to Chicago." I then went to sit down and was ready to get it from her. She was on Hank's side when it came to protecting me after all. "Erin, we've gone over this a lot. And as much as I know you miss your life there, you can't go back if you want to stay out of jail."

I sighed and looked at her. "I can't just think about me anymore. Olivia, I'm pregnant!" Olivia then stared at me and was shocked. "Oh god, and the dad lives in Chicago!" I nodded and teared up. "He was here once. We hooked up recently. Olivia, he's the love of my life and recently told me that he was going to propose the night I left Chicago. I am scared that I will never get a second chance with him. He won't move to New York and I have to be there."

Olivia nodded and agreed. "You need your family." I nodded and agreed. "Benson, I need to know what I can do. I need to go home and be with my guy. I need to work things out with him. I want him to be part of our child's life. There is no way that he can't be part of it." Benson nodded and understood. "Listen, let me talk to Hank and tell him what's up?" I sighed and shook my head. "Can I be here when you do it? I need to tell him myself."

Olivia agreed and nodded before going to call Hank. Quickly calling him, Olivia put it on speaker and then waited for him to answer. I was glad when he answered. "Voight." Olivia then chuckled. "Hank, how are you?" Voight chuckled. "What can CPD do for you at SVU?" Olivia sighed when he asked. "Actually, it's relating to Erin. She actually has some news to tell you." Hank then smiled. "Erin, you there?"

I teared up a bit and nodded. God, I missed the sound of his voice. "Hank, I'm here. And I need to tell you this. Just promise me that you won't hate Jay when I say this. I need him to help me through this. I need you all to help me through this when I get home." Hank then stopped me. "Erin, I told you to never look back. You have to stay there." I sighed and then went to speak up. "Hank, I can't. I'm pregnant."

Hank was shocked when I said that. "Holy shit. Is it Halstead's?" I sighed. "Yes but, you need to promise me that you can't kill him!" Hank agreed and sighed. "Of course. How far along are you?" I sighed. "I am a month along. But, you can't tell him. That's my job." Hank agreed and smiled. "Of course Erin. Now listen, I will organize a trip to New York for me and Jay. Maybe we can go for the September 11th Ceremonies."

I agreed and smiled. "Please make sure Jay comes. I need to talk to him. And don't tell him." I agreed and smiled when he agreed. "Of course Erin. Talk later." He then hung up and I looked at Olivia. "I'm doing the right thing right?" Olivia nodded and agreed. "I promise, you are."