Chapter 1138

Back with the Caseys
Matt's POV: As I finished giving Matteo a bath, I smiled as I was now standing in his nursery and giving him a little bit of attention. "Oh, who's daddy's little cutie?" I then bent down and kissed his stomach before zipping up his onesie. Matteo smiled when I did that before feeling my lips on his neck. "Someone is all clean now aren't they?" I then went to pick him up and smiled as I held him in my arms and looked at him. "You little man really need to calm down with getting all dirty. That way, you can enjoy your clean diapers more often. And you can save daddy some money so he doesn't have to buy diapers so often."

I then went to carry him our to the living room when I saw Gabby looking at me. Smiling at her as she waited for me, I could tell that both she and Sylvie had heard me speaking to Matteo. "Let me guess, you think I am going really soft after what you just heard in the nursery?" Sylvie laughed and nodded. "God, what a difference a baby can make on a fire captain. I swear, this you compared to you a few months ago...you are a completely different person. I mean sure, when we dealt with cases with kids you were this way but...not to that extreme."

I nodded and agreed. "Being a dad changes your perception of life and how you wat to approach it. Honestly Sylvie, I never expected to be a dad. I thought it was out of the cards for me. Now that I am a dad...again, I am taking advantage of it and I am not going to be shamed by anything who tries to call me soft because I have gone soft. I am madly in love with my wife and we have the most adorable son in the entire world. What more could a guy ask for in this life?" Gabby smiled and grabbed my hand when I said that.

"Hey, so listen...are we going to still do that spa day for you Sylvie?" Sylvie then laughed. "Please, I need my toes done. I can't reach them anymore and Antonio doesn't have the time or energy to do it." Gabby smiled and nodded. "Matt, how about you go get his toys out? If I am getting the hail polish out, I need your help." I then turned to look at her. "Oh no, I am not..." Gabby then looked at me. "You want to finish that sentence mister? C'mon Matt, can't you paint our toenails for us?" I sighed and nodded. "Not like there is anything better I have to do..." Gabby glared at me and didn't like that part of my answer. "...than do everything and anything to make my wife the happiest woman in the world." Gabby just glared at me while I mouthed 'love you."

Gabby nodded and smiled. "I love you too. Now, just go get a towel from the rag bin. Either that or go put crappy pants on." I then looked at her. "These are my crappy pants." Gabby nodded and smiled. "Good, then I am going to get the nail polish." Gabby then walked away and I sighed. That's when I heard Sylvie. "Gabby, Matt just sighed." I turned around and looked at her. "Who's side on are you on?" Sylvie then looked at me. "Ex versus best friend and future sister-in-law. Sorry, best friend wins." I then flipped her the bird and went to grab some towels.

Sylvie laughed and smiled. "Watch it Matt. Just remember that I am your wife's best friend. You make me mad and I am sure that Gabby will punish you on my behalf later tonight." I then nodded, knowing that is the truth. "Don't I Know it. I remember one time...my childhood best friend was dating my sister's best friend. Apparently...he cheated on her and was over at our place to hang out. My sister saw him and blew up on him.. I thought about calming her down but, the mischievous brother side of me let her go because I saw her crush walk in to my party. Let's just say that she learned her lesson when it came to falling in love with my best friends."

Sylvie nodded. "So that's why Severide never pursued her when she got divorced. I heard he had a crush on her." I then looked at her. "He what now?" Sylvie then smiled and nodded. "Listen, he's getting married. SO relax! By the way, what are your plans for his bachelor party?" I sighed and didn't think of that. Going to sit down, I looked at her. "I have no clue. Heck, I may even get another one of the groomsmen to through him a bachelor party." Sylvie nodded and smiled. "You finally going to get a bachelor party before you get married? I mean, your vow renewal?"

I bit my lip and shook my head. "Unless I can go to Vegas, then no. If I am in Chicago, I will be too tempted to stay around here and not enjoy a bachelor party. After having missed Gabby for so long, there is nowhere I would rather be than right here next to her." Gabby smiled when I said that. "You still not changed into your crappy sweats?" I then remembered to do that and nodded. "Just give me a minute and then I'll be right back okay?" I then got up and walked over to Gabby. I gave her a quick kiss before walking away to put some sweats on.