Chapter 1125

Meanwhile with the Halsteads
Erin's POV: As I laid down in the living room on New Year's morning, I smiled as I felt Jay move his hand to my stomach. We were currently on the couch together with me laying down on his chest after eating breakfast together. "Enjoy your pancakes?" I smiled and nodded while rubbing Jay's chest. "Just to let you know, I want to take a walk at some point today. I don't just want to stay inside. I can wear a mask or something. It's getting boring staying inside." Jay chuckled and agreed when I said that. "Like I didn't expect that. Why do you think I'm dressed?"

I smiled when he said that. "Because you want to look handsome for me?" Jay then nodded while wrapping his arm around by back more when I saw my phone ring. It was Hank. Reaching over to grab it, I went to put it on speakerphone. "Happy New Year Hank." Hank smiled when I said that and nodded. "You guys at home right now?" Jay answered for us. "Yes, enjoying some good quality private time in the living room." Hank got the hint. "I get it, I am not coming over today so relax Halstead." I laughed and smiled at Jay.

"How was shift last night or did you just stay home?" Hank laughed. "I got benched last night due to age. I called it age discrimination but, honestly...I was glad to be home. I invited Olive over and she decided to stop by for a bit. We sat outside 6 feet apart. I really regret that because now she says Daniel has a cold." I sighed when he said that. "Hopefully he'll feel better soon. And just be happy that it's a cold and not anything worse. By the way, thanks for doing it outside. That makes me feel better." I then moved to sit up and looked at Jay.

I then motioned to the plates and pointed to the kitchen. "Water please." Jay then nodded as he got up and went to grab the plates. He then leaned over me to kiss me softly. "Be back in a minute." Jay then walked away and smiled while I got comfortable on the couch once again. I then went back to concentrating on the conversation that me and Hank were just having. "So, you going to start working remotely soon or am I still in charge of the unit?"

Hank then chuckled. "No, I am going to give you a bit of time to practice. I invited Olive to move in to help me with my recovery. The doctors aren't happy that she lied about moving in." I sighed and understood. "Makes sense." Hank didn't like that answer now. "Seriously, you are taking the doctor's side?" I sighed and decided to tell him the truth. "I am neutral now Hank! Sure, you may be my dad. But, my brother and sister-in-law are both doctors. So, I can see their point of view. Oh, and remember that my mother died of this disease already!"

Hank then shut up and started to understand more. "Hank, as much as me and Bunny's relationship was screwed up...you don't think that maybe I wanted her to at least meet my daughter? You don't think I wanted to maybe use Olivia as a way to help her change? It would've encouraged her to clean up her act so that she could've been a part of Olivia's life. Wouldn't you do the same if you were a drug addict who's daughter was about to have her own daughter!" Hank agreed and calmed down. "Sorry for getting you stressed."

Jay then sighed as he came back with water. "If you are getting stressed Erin, then you should end the call. I'm sorry Hank but, we are now at 5 1/2 months. I am not going to risk it when we are more than half way to meeting our daughter." I agreed with what he said and smiled as he sat down next to me on the sectional. Getting closer to him, I cuddled up to him while putting the phone down on his chest so I didn't have to hold it anymore. That's when I felt Jay wrap his arm around my back and tug a blanket on top of us.

I was actually glad he did that because I was starting to get cold. "Can you check that the Nest is at? It seems a lot colder in here than normal." Jay nodded and agreed, going to grab his phone from his pocket so that he could check what the thermostat was set to. "Shit, it is colder in here than normal. Here, let me turn it up." Jay then went to turn it up and I smiled. "Hey, gives me a reason to cuddle up to my personal heater." Jay smiled and laughed as he wrapped his arm around me before kissing the top of my head.

Hank then spoke to us both. "So, you guys are working from home now I hear?" Jay sighed. "Me and Antonio agreed it would be best. We are much more worried about COVID. It's been in both of our families so...we are taking less chances. I mean, both of his kids and his ex have had and beaten COVID. And of course, you know about Bunny." Hank understood. "Makes sense. Listen, you guys run the unit however you want. I will just wait to come back when I am cleared."

Erin then sighed. "That is, if you are cleared by the time I am giving birth. Hank, I am not going to be there starting at the end of March. That's when I go on Maternity leave. I then don't come back until September." I smiled when she said that. "And I start my paternity leave of May 15th and don't come back until September either. So, you need to be back in action by then and you need to hire at least 1 detective temporarily. Hank, I can probably work from home on paternity leave if Erin is okay with it."

I then turned to look at Erin and asked her. "Would you be okay with me working from home?"