Chapter 120

(A/N: Welcome to season 3A. Here goes nothing. Hope you enjoy it. XxD)

******************************************************************

The party held at the Hunter's Moon where every kind of Downworlder and all the Shadowhunters were in attendance could only be described as epic.

Even though most people didn't remember it in the morning.

Now, they were all in Idris for Clary's official Rune Ceremony and personal thanks from Imogen.

The only downside to it was that Serena and Alec knew that there was more to the story of what had happened at Lake Lyn.

Alec felt Jace die. His rune had faded. And then Jace is suddenly alive.

It didn't track.

And while Jace had continued saying that he had no idea why Alec felt that, both of them could tell he was lying.

But Jace was alive, that was what mattered.

And he and Serena now stood, together, in the Cemetery of the Disgraced, in front of their parents' graves as Jace held the Herondale ring in his hand.

"I wonder what it would've been like, to be raised by them," Serena said as she linked her arm with her brothers. "Hell, even to be raised by Grandma."

"Despite Valentine raising us and what he taught us, I am who I am today largely because of you. You raised me. You lost out on your childhood trying to make mine ok so, thank you for that Rena. Thank you for being my sister."

Serena's smile was warm as her head rested on Jace's shoulder.

"My pleasure, little brother."

The solemn silence was some part peaceful and some part sad as they looked at their parents' gravestones.

"They don't deserve to be here," she sighed and Jace wrapped his arm around her.

"Their names may be here, but I'd like to think that they're with the angels," Jace said rather optimistically.

"With what great children they gave birth to, the angels' better be showering them with gifts up there," she joked and Jace cracked a smile.

"Am I interrupting?" came a voice and the twins turned to see Clary, still in her outfit from the ceremony.

"No," she smiled. "Not at all. I'm gonna go find Alec and Mom," she said as she kissed her brother's cheek, glancing at her parents' tombstones one more time before she left the Cemetery of the Disgraced.