Chapter 1 The old guy on the steps

The young girl was walking down the street with her leather satchel or as she liked calling it her man-purse. She also had a plastic bag carrying a can of cat food and some F/candy. The girl was just wondering. 

Destination: none

Direction: whichever road she on was her guide 

Street: Stopped reading the signs three intersections ago.

The girl just wondered until she found something and she did but she wasn't exactly thrilled about it. She found her feet becoming sore from all the walking she's done. Sure she was adventurous but that doesn't mean her body didn't have limits so she walked a bit further to find a curb or staircase to sit on. Finding one wasn't hard no, not at all. This was Yokohama a big city it had plenty of places to rest but that was the problem. With such a big city it has an equally big population. So the goal wasn't to find a seat it was to find an open seat that wouldn't collapse once you sat down or wouldn't leave you with a rash the next morning.

 So she walked further into the city after a few more turns and twists she found herself standing in front of a three maybe four-story build with brick walls. In front of the red building were a couple of gray concrete steps. There seemed to already be a group of strays waiting on the steps. "Maybe this is a common feeding spot for the cats, maybe another cat person? I might make a friend around my age in the city I won't have to stumble mindlessly through things. They might even go to my school once we're back in session." The girl mumbled to herself.

The girl snapped out of her trance once she realized she was mumbling. Her mother always nagged her about it. It was an embarrassing habit she had it always happened when she got to lost in her head. She wasn't as bad as she was when she was younger but it still happened occasionally. She found nothing wrong with it but her mother insisted that people might take it the wrong way and it could be considered rude. 

The young h/c sat down at the steps after she cleared through the mob of cats. She pulled out her newly bought can of cat food. It was clear she caught the attention of the felines cause they now surrounded her waiting patiently for lunch. She read the instructions on the aluminum cylinder.

'Easy-open tab! Just lift, pull, and then serve! A snack any feline friend would enjoy.' It read

 She took the base of the can with one hand and the small can opener tab with the other. She popped open the tab as the instructions said but then she hit a roadblock. Unfortunately, y/n was not exactly ripped. It's not like she needed to be she had stamina and speed in running from cross country because her parents forced her to join because art club wasn't a 'real club'. She hated the running part but the people were so kind and supportive. The practice came in pretty handy too since she was what one might consider a trouble maker. She wasn't a bad kid she did well in school sure there were some things she struggled with but she was still a good student nonetheless. 

But we're off track the girl sat on the steps looking like quite the sight to see for people passing by. In their eyes, they probably saw a middle school or high school girl with exotic S/T(skin tone), unique e/c orbs, and newly messed up hair from the struggle she had with the can and on top of looking like a feral street rat, she was surrounded by an army of cats that were losing their patients pretty quickly. 

It took a while for the girl to notice the stares she was getting. It wasn't exactly great for your potential neighbors to think you were some homeless girl eating cat food with rabies. You had the passerby's undivided attention but the cats had shifted their interest to something else behind you.

There stood a tall man he was maybe 40, 50 somewhere in that age range. He had silver hair it looked like its natural color not due to aging. He wore a green yukata under a black haori with a yellow rim with a simple zig-zag pattern. He stared down at you with metallic blue eyes. To him, it might have been a simple glance but to you, it felt like he was glaring daggers into you. 

It was safe to say the guy scared the shit out of you.

"I'm sorry is this private property I didn't mean to intrude" I tried to politely apologize as I started collecting my stuff. 

"No your fine this is a public building" The man assured you. You relaxed at his words. 

 ' He's nice that's good I was scared I was gonna get the  cops called on me'

The h/c had nothing better to do so she started up a conversation with the guy. 

"so, do you come out to feed the cats regularly? They seem to crowd around this place quite a bit," she said.

"Hm, yes I come out here on my breaks to feed them I find them nice." He spoke as his eyes were centered on the felines in front of them his eyes softened looking less intimidating.

'He doesn't seem that bad anymore its seems he isn't planning on calling the cops so there's no harm in staying. What's he gonna do murder m- IS THAT A SWORD!?!?! ' The girl's mind short-circuited after that just staring at the man's sword.

'What do I do? Should I run? What if he follows me? Maybe I could kick him in the shins it should take out an old guy like him. What if that doesn't work? start a conversation I could start a conversation he wouldn't murder a friendly little girl!'

"I'm Y/n L/n by the way I just moved here." 

'DON'T TELL HIM THAT YOU MORON HE DIDN'T NEED TO KNOW THAT!!'

"My name is Yukichi Fukuzawa. " The man spoke as he pets the small cats that you forgot were there. You remember why you came to this specific spot picked up the formerly discarded can of cat food. You resumed struggling to open the can while the man next to you watched in confusion and slight amusement.

"Do you need help?" the man offered.

Sighing in defeat the girl accepted the man's help

"Yes please" 

Sitting on the concrete steps the two watched the cats snack and got some pets in while they ate. The girl eventually got up and stretched readying herself for the long walk home.

"Well this was nice, see you around Mr. Fukuzawa"  The girl spoke as she walked off and waved with her bag of candy in hand.

'I guess that wasn't a half-bad way to spend the day maybe I should walk this way a bit more get used to it for my route to school.

v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v

Hey guys Napping here I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I'm hoping after I get more into the groove of the story I could get a regular updating schedule please bear with me until it'll be a bit scattered since I won't be able to write as much since I'm in school. Let me tell you my classes are pretty draining purely due to my classmates one kid nearly hit me with a full water bottle the bottle put a dent in the wall once it hit it. I don't have much of an audience right now if any but nonetheless I want to get to know you guys and want your opinions and feedback. So if you want, check out my page and just say hi and we can talk about anything or if you have any requests or suggestions I'll see what I can do. 

Stay lovely bye~