Untitled Part 57

Y/n POV

I was laying on the couch waiting for Mr. Fukuzawa to give me and Ranpo another case, but alas, nothing, yet. It was the Friday before the weekend and then I'd be back at school. Despite the fact that I wasn't in school, I still dawned my black and red school sailor uniform. It might be a nice aesthetic but the real reason was more to make things easier. People would question why suck a young girl wasn't in school? Simple, she was observing people for a class project. What school? Just look at the uniform. They call in reporting her roaming the city. She's already supposed to be absent, and why the hell are you snooping in some strangers' business, huh?

The day was a total bore nothing to do. 

No files to deliver

No groceries to buy

No errands to run

and no cases to solve. 

All I can do is sit around think. "You know you can get started on that math homework you've been pushing off." Mr Fukuzawa said not lifting his gaze from his novel. 

Yep all I can do is just sit with my thoughts. "I'm serious," he said. 

JUST ME, MY THOUGHTS, AND I.

And my BOREDOM. 

Maybe I should do the homework, maybe I should get started on it. 

*Ding*

 I sat up in an instant, "Whats that, did the police give us a new case?" I asked excitedly. 

"Yes, it is actually," He said reading over the email.

"I'll get the investigation bag, wheres the case, we should leave now to save us some time." I began rushing around the office.

"Hold on! They don't need you two for another 3 hours."

"How far is it?" I asked defeated with my posture shrunken. 

"10 minutes," He said.

"Well, what if the trains get backed up!" I grasped for any excuse to avoid facing the treachery of algebra.

"It's 10 minutes away, on foot." He said, he then closed his book and placed it on the shelf before grabbing a new one. 

"ughhhhhhhhh," I sat back down on the couch and then slid down onto the floor.

"Stop that whining, your gonna turn into Ranpo. I don't need two of him, one is plenty enough." Mr. Fukuzawa said as he nudged me with his foot until I sat up again. "You two, are two lazy peas in a pod. If you too didn't have your brains, I think you'd both be road kill by now." He said shaking his head before resting it in his hand. If we haven't yet I think we just aged a couple hundred years. 

"Hey, I'm not that hopeless. I can do.... some... stuff!" I turned to him as I defended myself. 

"Really, do tell."

Time skip to ADA Basement/ weaponry/ shooting range (idc if it's not real I wasn't sure if this was real or I imagined so if it isn't already it is now.)

 "Are you sure you've shot one before?" the man asked the girl holding a pistol in hand. 

"Of course, I've shot one of these before. They're the easiest to shoot." The girl said waving the handgun as she spoke.

The two were slightly yelling at each other because of the earplugs muffling their hearing. 

"Stop waving that around. That's a firearm." Mr. Fukuzawa yelled, Ranpo sat behind a window observing the two in the soundproof room.

"Chill out, the safety is on." The held out the gun to show him, she pulled on the trigger but it was locked.

"You still shouldn't be waving it around all willy-nilly." He critiqued. 

"Ok ok, I'm sorry."

I got into position ready to shoot the gun. I relaxed my shoulders and lined up my view with the aim on top of the gun.

"Do you wish to start with the front row and try to make your way back?" Fukuzawa asked.

"No need I'm starting at the third row," I say confidently. 

Mr. Fukuzawa then hit a button and the targets began to move left and right. "Still want to start at the third row?" 

"You bet."

Timeskip

Mr. Fukuzawa looked through the targets, "Your pretty good shot, for the distance and movement your aim is excellent." The targets had multiple holes around the chest area and head. Mr. Fukuzawa seemed pleased with the results except for one, "This, however, is just crude." He pointed at the target with most of the holes in the crotch area.

"Well, I certainly wouldn't want to bring my child into a life of crime. What's the thing they always say? Oh, yes, I remember." I put my hand on my head and swooned while faking tears. "Think of the children!" 

I turned back to see Mr. Fukuzawa giving me a deadpan stare. Suddenly the door opened and Ranpo stepped in. "Well would you look at that the agency has its very own sniper!"

"Lets not jump to conclusions." Mr Fukuzawa said.

"Awweeee," I never was able to practice shooting with Mom, only with Dad, which has been a while since I've seen him. 

Mr. Fukuzawa must have noticed my disappointment because he quickly reconsidered his words. "Well, you obviously can't be walking around with a gun," he sighed. "But, I wont forbid you from using our practice range."

"Really?!?!" I asked excitedly. 

"Only if I or another adult agency member is down here with you, understand." I put the safety on the gun and put it on the counter. I wrapped my arms around Mr. Fukuzawa while I shook us with my hyper jumping.

"Yes, I promise, thank you, thank you, thank youuuuu!"

"Of course." He wrapped his hands around my shoulders and then rubbed my head with his course but gentle hand.

Suddenly Ms. Haruno step into the room, a stressed expression on her face. "Sir there's a woman asking to speak with you." 

"Did I have an meeting I forgot about?" Mr. Fukuzawa asked.

"No President, your schedule was clear of meetings today, but she bargained with a man and some children demanding to speak with you." Ms. Haruno explained.

 'A woman, a man, and children'  I thought, 'I feel like this is some deja vu or something what is it? ................Wait..... No, it cant be'

Hey guys posting soon sorry for the wait! Keep commenting, I love reading them also 150K read WHAT?!?!? that's crazy anyways hope you enjoy , if so let me know.

~Napping