Untitled Part 69

1st POV:

What the hell? I gripped the bag on my shoulder. I was so close to find out something big, something important. I had him cornered in the conversation, I had the agency there as a fall back and it's all thrown out the window. What, just because I couldn't hold out a few more moments of arguing, and just took off. It's not important, I'll just cut contact with him, yeah it's fine then I won't have anything to worry about.

When will it be important though.
When will I have to push my self to get the answers I need? Will I know when that is?

I sat down on a bench in a quiet part of town. It was further from the bustling port but not close enough to the upper city area by the agency. I have nothing against the agency, but it feels like being the only child without an ability in the agency has warped their perspective of me a bit. Things just seem off, whenever I arrive me and Ranpo are sent out on a case, yet when I tracked Ranpo's phone and it's recent activity he seemed to be spending hours at a time at the agency. Sure Ranpo may have forgotten his phone but with him it's unlikely, the man calls for help when he gets lost so often that it's become his lifeline. I seem to be the only reoccurring factor in the problem though because Kyouka and Kenji laze around the agency like they've been there for hours, they most likely have. So why am I specifically being distracted and pulled away.

I sighed, this is becoming stressful. Maybe I should try and talk to someone, not anyone from the agency. They are so kind and excepting but the conversation will get me no where with them treating me like I'm made out of porcelain.

I looked to my right as god gifted me company to help me cope, the right side of the bench was now filled with unexpected company.

Fukuzawa POV

I filled out the paperwork on my desk. I checked the clock; it's been 3 hours since school ended and she still hasn't stopped by. Perhaps she went straight home, yes maybe that's the case.
...
I should call just to be sure.

Ring...
Ring...
Ri- " Your call has been sent to an automated voice messaging system. At the beep please relay to-" I hung up the phone. She usually answers her phone, did something happen with her supposed family member, was she kidnapped?

I walked out of my office. The agency  members straightened up in their chairs. "Where's Ranpo?"

Kunikida quickly answered, "He is out solving a clue from the guild sir, he is being assisted by Yosano sir."

Dammit why isn't he here when I need him! The one day I let those two separate this happens.

"What's the problem, president?" Dazai asked.

"Nothing, it's just, I haven't heard from Y/n in a while and I'm getting worried" I explained.

"Oh, my President I wasn't expecting you to become such a helicopter parent!" Dazai chirped before Kunikida hit over the head with a book.

I'm not being a helicopter parent, y/n is free to make her own decisions. Maybe I am hovering a bit but with situation we are in right now who wouldn't be. It was a mistake to even let her go out on her own. The Guild or the Port Mafia can take her or take her at anytime. Now she's not answering her phone.

"When you called her, how long did it ring?" Dazai asked.
Atsushi then asked him, "Dazai is this really necessary?
I thought about it, "it two times and then cut off at the third."
Dazai laughed, I was puzzled at what he found so funny.
"Is there a problem Dazai?" I asked.
"Oh no, it's just funny!" He said as he held is stomach as he continued to laugh.
"What is?" I asked in all seriousness.
"Y/n is hitting her angsty teen phase, you came along at the worst time."
I ask, "Why do you say that?"
"Because your gonna be the prime victim of it, since your her sole guardian as of recently."
"She's more mature then that, if there was a problem she knows to talk it out with me." I say confident in her and my mentoring ability.
"Really because I'm pretty sure hung up on you President." As I was considering this in my head, Kunikida proceeded to beat dazai over the head with the same book from before. The two bowed in apology over Dazais behavior but his words did make sense. Ranpo went through the same thing but he was lucky to take him after his peak of trouble making. Y/n knows that I trust her and she respects that trust.

Hello my children, it's been a while. I hope you enjoyed sorry it took so long I've been working on a final essay. Anyways I figured I'd answer a question I've been getting a lot, yes Y/n will be having a love interest, it will not be any adult character cause that's weird. You've probably already guessed but it will in fact be Kyouka. Thanks for reading bye~