Untitled Part 70

Y/Ns POV:

I look beside me to see who disturbed my misery to find a priest. Was he from the city or church or is he from out of town? He looked at me in slight surprise. "Good day Father" I spoke unsure.

He stared for a second, his eyes wide before softening. "Good day my child," he lowered his gaze to my hands. "my what happened there?"

"What," I looked down at my hands at the red indents in my palms. I must have dug my hand into my bag's buckle and not noticed in my earlier hysterics. "Oh these, it's nothing Father, just a little accident. I don't want to trouble you."

The priest leaned towards me, "May I see?" he asked with hands held out to me. I placed my hands in his.

"I apologize for this Father, I really wish not to bother you," I said keeping my gaze down.

The man hummed, "You're not bothering me one bit my child, I wish to help as my faith guides me too. Whether that means helping others spirituality or physically, so tell me, what ails you?"

"Well, I feel like things just aren't adding up."

"How so?"

"I feel like a black sheep like everyone else knows something I don't. As ashamed as I am to admit it, this was the reason I abandoned my previous family. So I would no longer feel like an outlier anymore, but it's happening here and it feels as if nothing new and nothing changed." I meet the man's gray eyes

"My that does seem like quite the dilemma, as cheesy it may seem I believe the best thing to do is talk it out. Although you might be out of the know it maybe for a good reason, maybe your family thinks they are doing what's best for you?" He explained. "People are just people after all, I believe we aren't naturally malicious, not most of us at least. I like to believe that at the core we care about each other and we only hurt people when we are trying to protect. Sometimes we might lash out or misdirect but not on purpose we are merely scared. The person who hurt you must have been just as scared for themselves or you, and they can't forgive themselves but you can."

"But what if I'm not ready to forgive them?" I asked. "What if I want them to feel as scared as I was?"

"Have you hurt someone before?" He asked, me and I nodded no longer making eye contact. "And how did you feel after?"

"I...I felt ashamed of myself. I felt like I could never forgive myself. I think deep down I still don't."

"And someone's hurt you, what have you gained by staying angry."

"I don't know, maybe I'm more prepared next time or smarter. I don't really feel that way though."

"My child, I've been taught by a life of hurt, that god gave us the gift to forgive to help us heal our selfs and others, but he gave us the mind to not be mislead. People makes mistakes it's only natural and people actively make bad decisions. We don't excuse them but we do learn to forgive. Holding a grudge will only leave you to a lifetime of frustration. So don't waste your youth on someone who's already taken enough of its joy."

I felt a smile creep on to my face. "Thank you father, I'll speak with my family tonight." I stood up.

"Excellent, but before you go-" he stood up and touched my forehead, my chest, and then shoulders. "In the name of the father, son, and the Holy Spirit, amen."

"Thank you father, have a good day."

"You as well my child."

I proudly started my walk back to the apartment with a new mindset and enthusiasm.

New chapter what do you think. Sorry I've been busy but what can I say! Anyways be safe, tell me what you guys think I love me some comments and yeah have a good one BYE~