Part 68

"Y/n! I didn't even see you! What are you doing back here hiding?" I felt lanky arms wrap around me. I couldn't see the other person's face but by the lanky build and the tan fabric the person was covered by, it wasn't hard to guess who it was.
"Dazai, did you leave the rest of the agency members?"

"What, of course not! If anything those traitors left me. Especially Kunikida, 'blah blah we have to stay on schedule blah blah blah breaks over'" Dazai mocking Kunikida with carefree joy.

"Hey don't just ignore me asshole!" Chuuya barked at Dazai as the two spiraled into a banter I glanced behind Dazai and saw that the table was being cleared.

"Hey," I asked but was ignored.

The two just kept arguing, it felt grossly familiar but not exact. "Excuse me."

"You're just some slug pulled out from the sewers!"

"Oh yeah, well at least I'm not on top of the hit list of half the women in Yokohama!"

"Um, Dazai, Chuuya"

"Ooh, at least I can reach the top shelf when I go to the grocery store!"

"Well, at least I'm not walking around like I just crawled out of a tomb!"

"Dazai, Chuuya?"

"WHAT!" They yelled in unison. I gripped onto my sweater.

"...It's nothing, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt you. I'll be leaving, I apologize."

"What you're going just like that? After that-" Chuuya started before being cut off.

Dazai placed his hands on my shoulders, "It's alright Y/n, I'm sure you have things to do, and Chuuya and I apologize for yelling at you we should have given you a chance to speak. Is it that right Chuuya."

"Sigh, yeah, I'm sorry kid. We didn't mean to upset you." I loosened my grip on the sweater.

"It's alright, you guys were talking I shouldn't have interrupted. Excuse me, I need to get home and finish up some schoolwork." I put my school bag back on and exited the cafe eyes to the ground and shoulders hunched in.

POV 3rd

"What was that about ?" Dazai asked.

Chuuya leaned back and crossed his arms, "what are you talking about? I don't know the kid well enough. You seem to understand her well enough."

Dazai rested his head on his hand. "I'm talking about what got you in such an agitated mood, and don't say it was me. I know you much better than that, even if you don't want to admit it."

"Like you know me." Chuuya huffed.

"Oh, I know you Chuuya. I know that you just cling to whoever's sharing a bed with you, because 'Your used to huddling for warmth from your time on the street.'" Dazai said with air quotes and a smug smirk on his face.

"Ugh, so what that's the truth."

"Yeah right, Chuuya both you and I know you run hot. Yet, you still seem to cling like I'm your life raft."

"Congrats Dazai, you know me oh so well."

Dazai leaned forward, "Maybe I can show you what else I know about you."

Chuuya then leaned up and rested his arms on the table. "And, what's that?"

"I'll show you tomorrow night, my place"

"I'll get take out from the usual place."

"So what happened, seriously." Dazai leaned back onto the chair.

"The kids onto me, she at least knows I'm not the original Chuuya."

Dazais eyes widened, "My my, the president picked up quite the interesting stray then didn't he. She's shaping up to be just her father."

"And who would he be?" Chuuya asked.

"Oh just an old friend."