Untitled Part 28

I picked up my painting from Mrs. Saekos's room and left school. I found the ginger cat laying on the ledge, few of my classmates surrounded him. Katherine, Hori, Asahina, and Ishida were trying to get him down. Clicking at him and even trying to jump at him. 

"Aw man, this cat really doesn't like us," Hori said defeatedly while combing a hand through her ginger hair. 

"You know cats usually are attracted to calmer more quiet people" Katherine stated boastfully, "I'm not sure why she wouldn't like me," 

"Guess you're not the tiger queen Mrs. Exotic." I said while joining the group.

"Hey L/N" Asahina greeted me with a wave.

"Hey Asahina" I waved back. 

"He really doesn't like you guys does he?"

"What like he likes you?" Hori asked sarcastically.

"Actually you'd be surprise."

"You know not everything and everyone has to like you ya know." Katherine said. She probably meant it as a joke but it still held a small amount of hidden malice. 

I decided to brush it of. She wasn't worth the energy might as well use it to boost my ego. "Oh, but they still can't help themselves can't they" I held my hands out the cat and he slowly approached sniffing and then rubbing into my hand.

"What! No way!" said Hori loudly, it wasn't surprising though because of her harsh almost brutish demeanor. Some might say it would be unpleasant to be around that kind of person but Hori's honesty and protectiveness made up for her stand offish behaviors. 

"Yes way, and it gets better," I turned my back to the cat and called for it, "come on lets go" the cat jumped onto my shoulders, and like before buried its head into my neck.

"Wow, you're really good with animals L/N" Ishida said excitedly. I turned to the boy. 

"What can I say? I have a gift, animal whispering is just one of them." 

"Guess you've just got a skill for charming animals." he said. I looked at Kathernie she was annoyed with the lack of attention, and even more annoyed with the lack of Ishidas attention.

"If only it worked on people" Asahina snickered with Hori.

"Hey I'm a delight!" I shouted defensively and flustered.

"Sure you are girly, sure you are" Asahina said.

"Hey we should all hangout this weekend" Hori suggested. 

"Yeah, we should" Asahina agreed. 

"I'm free this Saturday, and there's an arcade right down the block from my place." Ishida suggested.

"How about at Ishidas at 1 and we go to the arcade and figure things out from there." I planned.

"Perfect, I'm free" Hori said.

"Me too" Said Asahina.

"Me three" added Katherine. Hopefully she'll start hanging out with everyone else and give me a break. 

"Well I got to go see you guys in two days!" I said while walking towards the building of Mrs. Kouyos office. 

"See ya" I heard in response and other mixed goodbyes.