Untitled Part 34

I walked out of school. I was still peeved about what happened during English. How could those kids think they're so much better just cause of something as surface level like a place of birth or simple appearance? I walk out down the hall and go down the steps, but as I reach the third to last step I slip. The surface was wet and slippery. I fell down the remaining two steps and landed on my knees and then elbows. I pushed myself up onto my knees only to hear faint distant snickering. It was those brats. Telling by the faintly colored liquid on the stairs and the group standing not far from the scene, one of the boy's hands wet dripping water don't the floor. It only made sense that they were responsible. I glared at the group as I stood up and dusted myself off. I slightly busted my lip on the fall and my knees were bruised but they were nothing I couldn't walk off. I left school angered, I wanted to take out my frustrations one the group, but I know it'll only do more harm than good. There was no point in being irrational and acting purely on emotions. I walked off of the school premises and made my way to someplace that would likely make my day better then worse.

 I entered the cafe at the bottom of the building and took the elevator up. I opened the door to the agency only to find a strange scene, the agency detectives along with Naomi were crowded by the bathroom door and a trunk full of dress-up clothes. Naomi was looking through the trunk before her eyes lit up and she pulled out a maid costume. She turns to me, with a mischievous grin. "Hello y-n~" 

I nervously looked at her as she looked at me like I was present with her name on it. "You wanna join us for a game of dress up," she asks.

"You see I would love to but I don't think any of those would be my size and I promised to go on a case with Ranpo when I got back"

"Aw your right" I sighed in relief, "How about we look at stuff when you get back then, maybe tomorrow you won't have school right?"

"Well, I'm going out with one of my friends, how about Sunday?" I suggest. 

"Alrighty, sounds good, me, you, Dr. Yosano, the new girl, and Haruno can go"

"Sounds like a plan!" I walk into Mr. Fukuzawa's office to find him doing paperwork with Chiyo sleeping on his lap. I placed my bag on the table and lay down on the couch. The calm of the office helped me let go of the stress from school. "Howdy"

"Hello Y/n, how was your day?"

'I want to tell him about the kids, maybe just to talk it out, but I shouldn't be his problem. The kids aren't even that bad it's just being petty, even if the note was quite hurtful.' Y/ns been in this situation before, many times actually. However, this is the first time with a different person. Y/n always had this debate with herself when talking to her mother.

Flashback

It was sixth grade, and Y/n was 11 maybe 12 she didn't know exactly. She had a confrontation at school, some kids didn't take a liking to her because her telling them off for bullying one of her classmates since he only had a mom and couldn't celebrate fathers day. She may have gone a little overboard when she brought up to the bully how she saw his dad behind the school with an assistant teacher. She then proceeded to pull out her flip phone pictures of the boy's dad and the teacher behind the school after hours. When she told her mom thinking she'd be proud she gave her an exhausted look before scolding her and sending her off to bed. When she went downstairs to grab a glass of water she overheard her mother complain to her, at the time, 17-year-old brother, about how "she seems more and more like the manipulative, self-centered, religious freak every day". She didn't want her mother to despise her she just wanted the praise her brother got when he was smart or stood up for someone. Maybe her mother was biased though, although Y/n looked similar to her mother, her lavender eyes reminded her mother too much of a man she once loved. Her brother was the spitting image of their mother though from her h/c hair to her e/c eyes. Maybe she grew a bit jealous of her brother because of this and maybe after years, it grew into a seating hatred and all-consuming envy toward him. It wasn't unjustified though, at least in her mind. She worked hard. she knows she did, but he didn't. Whether it be academics, sports, or their mother's love. It always came easy to him. She ended up avoiding telling either her or her brother of such things fearing with every step she took forward would push her two more back.

Flashback over

"It was fine, pretty uneventful. You?"

"I had quite the day actually. The office and still is very frantic." He said picking up Chiyo and walking over to the couch. I moved my legs and he sat down, I put my legs over his lap and Chiyo sat on top of my legs.

"What happened?"

"Well, Atsushi and Yosano were on a train returning from their shopping trip when the train was hijacked and bombed. They captured one of the bombers but she was a young girl forced into it." He explained to me.

I pushed myself up onto my elbows, "Oh my gosh, are they okay?"

"They're both alright, thanks to Yosano's ability, the girl is an orphan so she's also currently under the care of the agency."

"I can't believe they would just force a kid to do that," I said. "Ow," I wheezed out when Chiyo stepped on my stomach without warning.

"I agree. that's why I was so unsure to bring you into the agency."

"I guess I understand that, but you also haven't used me to blow off a bomb yet."

"Atsushi's entrance exam?"

"We don't need to talk about that."

"mhm," Mr. Fukuzawa hummed out. He grabbed a file off his desk and handed it to me. "I have a case for you and Ranpo"

I read the case file and took in the information to prep myself for the case. "Man found dead at home, found by wife when returned home, blunt head trauma, no suspect and no weapon found"

"Man they got like nothing, guess it's up to Ranpo. I'll tell you how it goes once we get back." I stood up and headed for the door, "You don't mind watching Chiyo for a little longer do you?"

"Not at all" he gave me the faintest smile, if you didn't know him you probably missed it, and he waved me goodbye. " good luck"

"Thanks I'll need it. Good luck with the paperwork."

he sighed, "Thank  you I'll need it," I giggled to myself before leaving the office

Yay, we got some Y/n backstory! I hope you enjoyed the update. Also, I know say this in these monologues at the end but please BE SAFE. Especially if you are a high-school student or a newly graduated adult. A freshman got SA at one of my school games so please BE CAREFUL. I know this was a darker monologue than usual but back on track pls comment and message me, I love meeting and talking to the people who read my story and read and enjoy BSD. See you next time BYE~

- Sleeping