Untitled Part 18

Y/n Pov

I got out of bed and turned out off my alarm. I got dressed, brushed my teeth, brushed my hair, took my iron supplements, and ate my breakfast. I left the house and went to my morning art club.

I smoothed out the edges on the rounded surface...

I placed the creation in the schools' kiln, which was afforded thanks to charity for supporting the arts.

I sanded the surface with a piece of sandpaper to get out and bumps I missed when forming the vessel. I placed the vessel back into the kiln to be fired once more.

The next day I returned to the classroom to glaze my creation. I picked a dark green glaze. After applying four coats I placed it in the kiln to be fired one last time.

It's finished. After four days of work, It's finally finished. Mrs. Saeko, the teacher who observed the morning club, passed by my table and examined my creation. She commented, "L/n your cup looks quite nice what are you gonna do with it" 

"I'm going to give it to someone,"

"I'm sure they'll love it, especially for how hard you worked on it. Here I'll help you wrap it and you can leave it here then pick it up at the end of the day." 

"Thank you, Mrs. Saeko, I really appreciate it." I put the cup on her desk and left for my class.

Time Skip

"Remember class finish your homework on the Pythagorean theorem" my math teacher announced to the class. "Class dismissed" I pack my bag and pull on my school jacket and leave the classroom. I head to the art room and enter the class as students were filing out of the classroom. I found Mrs. Saeko at a canvas painting what seemed to be a landscape of the five skyscrapers towards the coast of Yokohama.

"Ah, L/n your back, hold on. I have your cup in my desk drawer."

"Hey Mrs. Saeko?"

"Yes L/n" 

"Why are you painting the city? You usually paint more nature scenes."

"Well, this was requested from a client of mine,"

"A client? So you're getting paid for doing these paintings"

"Yes, it's a bit of a side hustle of mine, it's an easy way to make quick money. You know you could probably make some money off of your paintings" she suggested.

"I might consider it, I might pick it up if I have free time." 

"Here," she hands me a card. "This is my client they give me a request every week or two. So if you want to try the business out give them a call they'll probably have a request for you." I looked at the card and read the calligraphy. 

Ozaki Kouyou

XXX-XXX-XXXX

"She's a kind lady I think she'll appreciate a new artist "

"Thanks, Mrs. Saeko, I'll start buying some more supplies then I might give her a call her tonight."

"I hope you take advantage of this opportunity l/n you truly have a gift for the arts but, you won't be able to do more with that gift if you don't try to hone those skills." 

"I understand Mrs. Saeko, have a good day"

"You too l/n" I placed the card into my pocket. I took my cup and left the class. I left the school grounds and made my way to the Armed Detective Agency.  

Time Skip

I enter the agency greeting the detectives in the office area. I walked up to Mr. Ranpos's desk, which he seemed to be absent from. I walked behind the desk and searched the drawer I put the muffin in. "Um Y/n" I looked up to see Mr. Nakajima.