A murder on D street

After talking about our days I and Mr. Fukuzawa worked on our work, him his paperwork, and me my school work. I was working on my science homework on calculating speed when I heard a loud crash in the main office area. I then heard gunshots and more crashes. After a minute I heard a muffled yell and the sound of gunfire was silenced. I took a peek outside of the office and saw mean in black suits laying on the floor and stacked on top of each other with the agency members still up and fighting. I looked and see the walls with bullet holes and the windows were cracked, but not a scratch on any of the detectives. They seemed so relaxed about what was going on. Ranpo doctor Yosano were just sitting and chatting. Heck, Kenji was sitting on a pile of bodies.

"Kunikida what should I do with these folks," kenji asked.

"Defenestrate them" Kunikida said.

'What does the heck does defenestrate mean?' 

Kunikida started complaining about how the costs of repairing the agency and getting apology gifts for the surrounding tenants of the building would be pricey.

'Are you serious? These people really are insane. They just got attacked by people that were armed with guns and after defeating them the first thought they have is this is going to be pricey.... forget it I have ordering to do'

I snuck back into Mr. Fukuzawas's office and flopped on the couch, which has been retitled as my rest area. I pulled out my school computer and signed in. I opened up Amazon and signed into my account and started to browse through books or stories by Edgar Allan Poe. I read the tags on the top result. 'New Release The Cask of Amontillado' 

I clicked on the item and added it to my cart. I checked out and got one-day delivery. 

"Y/n Ranpos about to leave for the case," Mr. Fukuzawa told me.

"Ok, I'll be back as soon as possible," I said. 

"Best of luck and y/n"

"Yeah, Mr. Fukuzawa"

"Ranpo takes a bit getting used to he's.... very confident in his ability" 

'Isn't that a good thing why is he so nervous about this how bad could Mr. Edogawa be'

"I understand I guess I'll just have to keep a cool head then, I'm going to go now bye Mr. Fukuzawa"

"Goodbye y/n"

I left the office and stepped into the detectives' office, it still looking like a wreck. Eventually, everyone started cleaning up the mess from the raid except for a man with black hair sitting on a desk drinking a ramune.

"Mr. Edogawa," I said trying to get the man's attention.

"Hm," he hummed looking at me with closed eyes.

"Mr. Fukuzawa said its time for your case"

"Ah of course a detective with an ability as great as mine would be needed in such circumstances. It's like the police can't even go a couple of days without my help," the man boasted about his oh-so-great ability while stepping on the book Mr. Nakajima was about to pick up.

'So this is what Mr. Fukuzawa meant'

"Ranpo that book under your foot belongs on the shelf," Atsushi said.

"Oh my apologize!" 'at least he has manners' "go right ahead" he stepped off of the book and pointed at where the book goes. 'I stand corrected' Everyone started praising and complementing Mr. Edogawa. until Mr. Kunikida yelled at Atsushi.

"Lad we have it all covered so please go with them. It will be a short trip by train."

"You want me to assist on such a significant case," Atsushi said.

"Yeah I'm not a detective what am I supposed to do," I added.

"Don't be silly! I'm no second-rate detective. Assistance is hardly necessary," Ranpo said while poking a cactus.

"Then why are we coming," I asked.

"I need someone to show me how to use the train."

Timeskip

'He really didn't know' I thought exhaustedly by the looks Atsushi was thinking the same thing. We arrived at the crime scene on the side of the river. We faced a man in a long coat and work clothes and another slightly shorter man in a public police officer uniform. The shorter man looked familiar but I couldn't peg down where I've seen him before.

"Your late detective!" The taller man shouted at Mr. Edogawa.

"Hm? Who are you? Where's Yasui?" Mr. Edogawa asked.

"I'm Minoura. I took over from Yasui. Our department is handling this case. So we don't need you or your agency."

"Oh, rubbish! A master detective like me is always in need for difficult cases like these!" Ranpo said cockily.

"I'd never ask a hack agency for help on this!" 

"Why not"

The man turned stone-faced and then answered "Because the victim was my subordinate"

The smaller man pulled the tarp off the body and there it was. There she was. My kind neighbor Ms. Yamagiwa. The lady who would invite me over to her house for dinner out of the kindness of her heart. The lady who would ask me about my day. The lady who would review my homework if I asked. The lady who would entertain me by telling me stories about criminals she caught and how she caught them. That lady laid in front of me dead as a doorknob.

I stared at her body with sadness and anger. Tuning out the conversation going on around me. All she did was try to help the people around her she didn't deserve such a fate. I thought while trying not to tear up. She even had on the new watch she was showing me a few weeks back.

Flashback

"Hey, y/n look at these" Ms. Yamagiwa pulled out two boxes from a plastic bag. In the boxes were matching watches a women's style and a men's style. 

"Oh, is the men's one for the guy whos been coming over to your house"

"Yeah we're getting pretty serious," she said.

Flashback end

"That's why we can't leave this case to an amateur such as you. Just get out of-"

"Sir we caught something in our net!"

To be continued

Hey I'm back sorry I haven't posted in a while I just finished my first week of high school and I already hate it. I'm sorry for leaving it on a cliffhanger and making it two parts but I don't want to make crazy long chapters and you probably know basically what happens anyways. Thanks for your guys' patience please comment, vote, and if you want join convos on my page. Ily guys so much and remember only get in a white van if they have your rich Russian husband in there.