Untitled Part 43

I opened my eyes to be met with a gray ceiling. Pouring through the blinds, slivers of the morning light illuminated the dimly lit room. I pulled myself up into a sitting position, pulled the blanket off my exhausted form, and took in my surroundings. After breaking out of my morning haze I realized I was in Dazais apartment. I was in the white t-shirt and baggy sweatpants Dazai loaned me last night. I looked for my purse from last night and fished out my phone. I checked the time and realized it was 9:00 in the morning, Dazai was supposed to be in the agency by now and me accompanying him. I knocked on Dazai's door but got no response only hearing muffled shuffling. I opened the door to see Dazai still lying on his futon. I grabbed his shoulders and started lightly shaking him. "Dazai" 

"Dazai, you got to get up"

"ughhhh"

"Dazai, if you don't get up Mr. Kunikida's gonna be upset and drag you out of bed."

"ugh" he grunted.

"And he might give extra paperwork for you being lazy."

Dazai gasped shooting up from his bed, "Come on Y/n we gotta get to the agency!" The man ushered me out of the room and he went to get dressed. He came out in his usual attire and with clothes in his arm. "The only other clothes I could find that would probably fit you were some of my pre-transition clothes." He said.

"Pre-transition?" I asked.

"Yeah, I used to be a girl. It didn't feel right and I didn't feel comfortable as a girl. After some changes, I felt more like myself and comfortable being myself." He explained.

"Oh, ok, I'm sorry I didn't know. I hope I didn't make you uncomfortable." I grabbed the clothes from him.

"No, it's alright, as long as you're not weird about it, it's fine. Besides, you saw me as who I am, not how society thinks I should be, and that's what matters to me."

"Alright, I'm gonna go change I'll be out in a minute." 

Timeskip

Dazai and I walked down the streets of Yokohama to the Armed Detective Agency. I wore the clothes dazai blended me once more. I had on a white button-up under a black vest that was tucked into a black knee-length skirt. 

"I forgot to tell you but we have a new agency member," Dazai said catching my attention.

"Really, Who?" I asked curiously.

"She's a young girl, your age I think." he informed me, "Her name is Izumi"

'Izumi? Izumi, where have I heard that name before?'

"Well, I'm excited to meet her."

"That's good to hear she needs to be social with people her age. She never really had the opportunity to when she was growing up."

"I promise I'll do my best to welcome her into the agency." We approach the brick building and enter the cafe, the atmosphere warm with the smell of freshly brewed tea and coffee. I was going to buy myself a muffin but I didn't have any money, only my phone filling my pockets currently. When we arrived at the agency Dazai was quick to go to his desk but not work. Kunikida was too preoccupied with his work at the time to get on his ass about it though. Ranpo sat at his desk drinking a blueberry-flavored Ramune. I pulled up a chair to Ranpo's desk and laid my head on my crossed arms. I couldn't tell if he acknowledged my presence or just kept staring at the marble in his now-empty Ramune bottle. 

He handed me the now empty bottle, "Hey Y/n can you go wash this bottle out? I have to go get the file for our next case from the President."

"But I just sat down!" I whined, I might have been lazy but my body was sore from sleeping on a couch instead of a proper bed last night.

"You wash the bottle or you pay for snacks on our way back it's your choice." he rebutted.

I grabbed the bottle from him. "Fine" As he left the room to enter Mr. Fukuzawas's office, I left to enter the kitchen. I turned the handle to lukewarm water and began rinsing out the bottle. 

Third person POV

The agency was relatively quiet aside from the muffled conversation from the President's office and the one-sided argument between Dazai and Kunikida about paperwork. Soon the haired choppy-haired member of the agency turned up with a younger girl behind him. 

"I DIDN'T HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT US LIVING TOGETHER!" Atsushi shouted.

"Yes, well, we are a tad short on rooms," Dazai said carefree.

"Why couldn't she stay with you!?!?" Atsushi asked in peril.

"She's your responsibility and she feels most comfortable with you." he then murmurs, "... Me and Y/n were also having a book night."

"A book night?" Atsushi couldn't imagine what that would look like between a teenage girl and full grown suicidal maniac.

"Yes, I must say she seemed very disinterested when it was my turn to tell her about my book," Dazai said with false sombreness. "Besides, half off on rent is a boon on your rookie salary, No?" Atsushi tried to argue more but Dazai pulled him aside explaining Kyoukas' situation to him. Thanks to Atsushis big heart, and Dazai's blatant manipulation, he agreed to let Kyouka stay with him. Not even seconds later, the other young girl from the agency walked out of the kitchen in search of her mentor.

"Hey Ranpo I got the soda out but there's some water in it so you might want-" The girl looked up, *CRASH*

I know this is short but I wanted to start lining the story up for future plot points so I hope you enjoyed it.