Untitled Part 60

The sound of silverware and chopsticks hitting plates filled the air. Chatter was only coming from the young children at the end of the table. 

Y/N's mother sat next to her boyfrie- husband, she sat next to her husband. Y/n sat next to Fukuzawa and the children sat next to her and her supposed step-father.  The three adults and teen sat in silence. That was until the least expected person broke it.

"So, you mentioned your here in Yokohama for a vacation?" Mr. Fukuzawa said.

"Yes, we've been trying to figure out how to spend the day!" My mother said cheerily. "Maybe Y/n can show us around to her favorite spots." she looked at me with hope in her eyes and a smile on her face. "And you too, of course." She added then turned her gaze to Mr. Fukuzawa.

"As tempting as an offer as that is I'm gonna have to pass." I said while picking at my food. I felt a nudge at my side and glared at the perpatrator. He then gave me a look hinting to my mother. I sighed. "I've got a case today but maybe tomorrow I can show you around."

"Oh! That would be delightful, I could spend the day with all my favorite kids." My mother gushed.

"So, Y/n, a case are you an assisstant for one of the detectives at the Armed Detective Agency?" Mitchell asked.

"Not really," I said.

"Well, your kind of Ranpos assisstant. You escort him to the cases." Mr. Fukuzawa said.

"Except for the fact I'm forced to do his work." I say.

"Your a payed intern, its what you do." Mr. Fukuzawa then shrugged. I sighed.

"So, Y/n we were actually thinking about going to a theme park attraction. The park was based off of that game you liked Legend of... Zelda! Legend of Zelda, and I- we, were wondering if you liked to join us." My mother said.

"oh," 'She actually remembered that? Sure it was all I played when I was at her office but I never thought she paid attention.' "Yeah, maybe, I'd have to see if I have time."

"Well, if your free just let me know, I'll pick you up and by you a ticket at the the gate."

"Yeah, I'll have to see for then."

"Awesome."

"Awesome," we then fell back into silence.

I stood up from my seat, "I'm gonna use the bathroom real quick."

"Alright, we'll go back to the agency in ten and then you and Ranpo can leave for the case." Mr. Fukuzawa said.

"Got it." I left for the washroom.

Fukuzawa POV

"I don't know how you guys do it." The woman across from me said.

"Do what?" I asked.

"Keep her so at Bay, she's never like this with me or her father." The woman explained.

"I find that hard to believe, she has always been a caring and kind person since I've met her. Yes, she may be rough around the edges at times, but thats just how people are."

"I just feel like your doing a better job at raising my kid as an employee in a year, than I have as her blood mother the last 14 years." The woman said in an almost defeated tone.

"I actually wished discuss that with you." The man and woman looked up in shock.

"Discuss what?" The woman asked with venom in her voice.

"Y/n's guardianship" I took a sip from my tea to calm myself. "I wish for it to be transfered to me."

"I'm not sure if i'm comfortable with handing over the custody of my daughter." The woman said angered.

"That is understandable, but I feel that the Armed Detective Agency can provide an enviornment that your daughter can truly thrive in that you can simply not find anywhere else."

"Listen, you'd have to discuss this with her father she's in his care right now." She said.

"I've already attempted that, and as you might already know, her father is in no way suitable to care for a child. Especially caring for a child of your daughters needs."

The woman was silent for a moment. "I'll agree to this on one ocassion. I get monthly updates on her life and she visits on holidays and birthdays. I want calls from her as well." 

"I'm sure we can arrange that. I'll have the paperwork for the transfer ready by tomorrow night. All you have to do is stop by before the agnecy closes, sign the papers, and I'll do the rest."

"I just have a question."  The woman asked.

"Whatever it is I'll be happy to answer it."

"Why do you want my daughter? Its strange for a man older than you who you haven't meet before asking for custody of your daughter. If you weren't such a clearly outstanding citizen and pillar  of the community her in Yokohama I'd be very suspicous of your intentions. I still am"

"Your daughter is a true genuis for her age. She has much potential, she reminds me of another child that was in my care. I simply wish to help her reach her true potential and help her learn to help others."

"Fine. We're going to head out, the kids are cranky you know how they are." The woman stood up and grabbed the young girl at the end of the table.

"Alright."