I'm not an Uber

3rd POV

Y/n was not excited for the long school day ahead of her. Yes, she loved her friends at school but the work and expectations at the school were quite overbearing, especially for someone whose first language wasn't Japanese. It didn't help either that she was exhausted from staying up much later then shes used too. She woke up, got into her school uniform, and headed downstairs. Once in the kitchen she threw (Favorite toaster food) into the toaster and prepared herself some F/D. She ate and then brushed her hair and teeth. She then left for school. On her journey to the public jr. high, she stopped at the convenience store she frequently visited. She grabbed herself a box/bar of (favorite candy). She brought her snack up to the counter and paid. "How's it going Ukai, anything interesting about the team," I said.

"It's going good the power duo's working more independently. What about you kid, things good?" He asked.

"Yeah I guess you could say, I got a part-time job running errands for this agency" 

"How much you get paid," he asked.

"Uhh I think 400 something yen an hour" 

"Not bad" he said

"Yeah, well I'm going to head out" I said.

I exited the store and followed the sidewalk to my undesired destination. 

I got to school and headed into my language arts class. This was probably my favorite class other then lunch.(IDC if lunch isn't a class/subject it is in my book) Mrs. Nakamura was probably the best teacher I've ever had, she was laid back but got stuff done. She was open to hear what the students had to say and was playful willing to joke around with us. She's an amazing teacher even if she had 'shipping' tendencies. ( I love Nakamura shes such an icon) Luckily she was understanding about my tired daydreaming today.

LE TIMESKIP

"Hey, L/n!" I heard someone call out to me.

"Oh Asahina, hey what's up" I greeted.

"Well me and some of our classmates are going to hang out and we wanted to know if you wanted to join us" she offered.

"Oh sorry I can't I have to visit my ..... grandpa" 

"I thought none of your family lived nearby?" she questioned

"I didn't but it was a pleasant surprise anyways I have to go you know how old people are about being punctual and stuff anywho see ya later!" I said as I made my escape.

I turned down the street to the agency deciding to not even bother going home to change. Once I was far enough away from the school and my classmates I slipped off my jacket and tied it around my waist. I was sweating bullets.

'Man my chance of actually meeting people and making friends I threw out the window with some cheap lie for a job I just got' 

I entered the brick building and then into the elevator. I was a bit cold since the air condtioned building was an ice burg compared to the oven it felt like outside.

'It's fine though I doubt it would be fun to hang out with someone who was literally half asleep' I exited the elevator.

'I hope Mr. Fukuzawa would be ok with letting me take a small power nap before doing any work today' I thought as I entered the office. I looked around the office. Mr. Kunikida was angrily doing work at his desk, Ms. Yosano was in the medical area of the agency, Kenji was taking a nap over his desk, and Mr. Dazai was sprawled over the couching listening to music. I walked into Mr. Fukuzawa's office to see him sitting at his desk doing paperwork. He paused his paperwork to look up and then looked back down to continue his work.