Untitled Part 48

Location: Yokohama

Place: Armed Detective Agency

POV: Y/N

"Were back"

"Welcome back you two," Ms. Haruno greeted us.

"Thanks, Ms. Haruno," I said back.

"How did the case?" she asked.

"It was so boring!" Ranpo complained.

"Hey! You didn't even do anything!" I criticized.

"Uh, yeah I did, I helped you find the jacket."

"But I did all the interrogating and investigating!" I argued back.

"And I gave you the lead, you're welcome."

I stormed into Mr. Fukuzawas's office. He was petting a cat on his lap. "Mr. Fukuzawa, Ranpos being super un-useful."

"The term is useless, and look at that I just helped you, you're welcome."

"Ugh! You are an adult why are you so useless?"

"Welcome to the world, adults are terrible."

"My doesn't this situation seem familiar." Mr. Fukuzawa said finally joining the conversation. "It almost reminds me of how you were when we first met Ranpo." He said with a reminiscent smile on his face, however, I and Ranpos took on faces of betrayal and misery.

"President, how could you say that? I wasn't that bad." He mumbled in mockery betrayal.

"You really see this as my future, this will be me in 10 years." I gestured to Ranpo.

To say the least, we both looked ridiculous.

"Y/n, there's actually something I wanted to discuss with you." Mr Fukuzawa said which snapped me out of my theatrics.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I understand that the previous night a cruel prank was played on you." I hummed, " but from my understanding you didn't report it, so why are you being called in?"

"They probably found the excess material for the prank in the classroom, ... or the kid I punched reported it."
"After I ran from the kids who pranked me, one of the guys tried to pull me back. I ended up panicking and I punched him in the face."
"Y/n, you know how this looks." He said.
"I know, but I panicked, it didn't think about what I was doing."
" I don't blame you, but I need to know the whole story before I come into that meeting."
I sat down on the couch, "Alright,"

Monday, Yokohama public high school

The school principal sat at his desk, on the other side sat two parents and four student.

"Mister Chabishira, Miss (L/N), when will you parents arrive I'd wish to start this meeting sooner than later.
"I agree, I wish to have a word with the parent who would allow their child hit and harass other students." The girls mother said.

" I didn't even hit your kid," I responded already losing my temper.
"Mrs. Yasihiro, please refrain from making such accusations until we hear every student's side of the story." The principal said.
"We just want to talk things out and come to an understanding. So that we won't have future altercations." The father of the boy I didn't punch said. A knock was heard from the door, a school secretary popped her head in.
"Sir Miss L/n's guardian is here, would you like me to bring him in here?"
"Yes, please Mrs. Saeko" the principal said.
The door opened to reveal Mr. Fukuzawa in a three piece gray suit with a yellow tie. "My apologies for being so late, I hope I didn't leave you all waiting."
"Thank you for coming sir, I understand you must have a very busy schedule." The principal said almost flustered.
"It's alright I just needed to move something's around. Please don't let me delay is any longer." Mr. Fukuzawa insisted.
"It's alright we are still awaiting Mr. Chabishiras arrival," the principal said gesturing to the empty seat next to the boy I punched.
The said boy looked at his phone before putting it in his pocket. " My dad said he got caught up in traffic but he'll be here soon. He said to not wait for him though."
"Alright, we can begin then, I assume all the parents are aware on why we're here then."
The mother of the girl was the first to speak up, "Yes we are, and since we're starting I'd like to ask about why you think it's ok to raise a child who harassed her peers?"
"Pardon?" Mr. Fukuzawa said.
"Your daughter started harassing my baby and her friends and eventually hitting Chabishira because she couldn't take a hint?"
"Y/n, is this true?" He asked.
" Only partially, I hit that boy but I don't harass any of them."
"Oh really, and why would you choose to just hit another student?" The mother pried.
"I'm not sure ma'am maybe you should ask your daughter?" I insisted.
She turned to her daughter, "Tell them what you told me baby."
The girl seemed shocked to be put on the spot.
"Well, she had a crush on Chabishira and she harassed us because she was jealous. Once he rejected her at the dance because she wasn't taking a hint, she lost it and hit him."
My face was dead panned, Mr. Fukuzawa in an equal amount of disgusted shock. "You can't be serious. You actually believe that!" My temper flared up once more.
She yelled back at me, "Yeah, you just couldn't take a hint and took it out on us!"
"That's insane your guys were the ones harassing me, you called me a dirty foreigner!" The room grew quiet after that.
"Miss Thompson, these are some big claims, we would not allow such blatant bigotry at are school. Maybe your blowing things out off proportion because of your unrequited feelings?" The principal tried to reason.
" I don't have a crush on Chabishira, I never did!"
A knock interrupted the conversation once again, a man entered and sat next to Chabishira. "I'm so sorry for being late," the man apologized profusely.
"It's alright we were just discussing what happened" the principal then began to fill him in on the issue.
After he was informed the man turned to me, "Is this the girl your talking about?" His son nodded.
"Ok I understand now, Jiro apologize." He said to Chabishira
'What the fuck he's actually taking my side?!?!'
"What I didn't do anything! She the one who's obsessed with me make her apologize."
"I may not be a world class detective, but I can read between the lines and tell when your lying to me."
"I'm not lying." Chabishira said.
His friends backed him up, "yeah, he's telling the truth," "she's crazy, she wouldn't leave us alone"
"Oh, really? Young men, young lady, I have a question for you, do you think someone who solves murders would lack basic observation skill?"
"Umm no."
"Jiro, do you know what I do for a living?"
"Yeah, your a police officer"
"Correct and as a police officer, we work very close to the Armed Detective Agency, a special detective agency."
"Ok, what does this have to do with anything?"
"Jesus Christ, why don't you connect the dots?"
" I don't get the point your getting at."
"That man right there," he pointed at Mr. Fukuzawa, " Owns that detective agency."
He then pointed at me, "and that girl there, she's one of the detectives there, so I highly doubt she me wasting her precious time on you guys."
This seemed to strike some sense into the principal "I think we can negotiate a reasonable punishment for both parties."
"No, it alright this our fault, this girl shouldn't be punished for standing up for herself."
"I apologize for my sons behavior Mr. Fukuzawa."
"I as well, I will make sure there is no repeats of the kind of behavior."
"I will give my daughter a proper punishment, my apologies sir."
"Your all agreeing?" The principal said.
"Yes we wouldn't want to cause anymore trouble for this busy man."
" oh um alright, despite you all coming to agreement, a school administrated punishment is still necessary. All of you will have a week's suspension." The principal concluded. "Miss L/n I understand you were the victim in this situation, but you still used violence against other students."
"It's okay, I understand." I agreed.
"Good I will have your teachers prepare your work for the week and you can turn them all in once you come back."
*Timeskip*
Mr.Fukuzawa and I walked out of the building and onto the school front yard. The fall leaves fell from the trees after being shaken by the wind, they soon covered the ground with their autumnal colors.
"That was surprisingly easy." I said.
"It was, thanks to your reputation as a detective." He teased.
"Of course, after all I am the worlds greatest title." I said boisterous.
"Don't let Ranpo hear you say that he'd throw a fit."
"You do know I've been doing all the work on all of our last cases, right?"
"Consider it training then." He shrugged.
"What! Not you to!" I complained.
"Hey,"
"What's up?" I looked up at Mr. Fukuzawa.
"Wanna go feed some cats?" He asked. He held a subtle smile, one that you can only find if you know what to look for, a slightly upturned lip, and crows feet at his aged eyes.
"Yeah, yeah, I'd like that."
We left the school and went back to our safe haven on the concrete steps, on that Yokohama street, in front of that red brick building.
It was just me, strays, and my favorite old dude.

Hey chapter is out, sorry if it took a bit to get out, I'm visiting my brother at college. Wasn't my favorite experience since him and his friends are really loud and annoying but I was able to get away and right this so I hope you enjoy. Also I'm so excited for genshins next banners! I was planning on cosplaying Lisa for C2E2 but I wasn't able to get the costume or get off work to go. If you did go to any cons though I hope y'all had fun I'm keeping my eye out for them and if you guys are going maybe I can say hi to you guys. Hope you guys are doing good stay safe!