It's not okay

Dazai brought us to his agency dorm. The dorm had a small living room are with a couch, coffee table, and a tv. The room was riddled with trash and empty bottles. I dropped my shoes at the door and sat down on the couch. Mr. Dazai entered the kitchen and came back out with a glass of water. He handed me the water and I drank it slowly. 

"Don't get comfy yet, go take a shower first, I'll leave out some clothes for you." He said. 

"Ok, I'll go in second." I remained on the couch trying to gather my thoughts from tonight, only to be interrupted when the couch sunk down next to me. 

"Mind if I asked what happened?" He said looking at me with a friendly smile. I'm sure he meant for it to be comforting and the effort was, but the actual smile unsettled me. I felt as if he knew but he was merely asking for his charade of a goofy suicidal maniac. Which is a big enough contradiction all by itself. I placed the water on the table and held my hands together, fiddling with my fingers. 

"It was just some dumb prank all things just got a little out of control."

He cocked one of his eyebrows in an almost amused fashion. " A simple prank resulted in me finding you on the streets with an older man covered in blood, in the middle of the night."

"I meant it when I said things got out of control and it's not like it's real they probably got it from some costume store or something." 

"Is that so?" Dazai leaned over, "Do you mind if I touch you"

"go ahead"

The man sniffed my blood-matted hair, "No it's real,"

"What no it's not they're my age they don't have access to that kinda stuff!"

"Well they're a few neary by butchers."

The suggestion that I was covered in pig or cow blood made me nauseous. I got up and went to the bedroom where I assumed the shower was connected. "In here right?'

"Yeah I'll leave some clothes out for you." I went into the bathroom and grabbed a towel from the closet. I turned the handle at the shower to the hot water. I undressed and waited till the water become warm enough. I entered the shower and started scrubbing the shampoo into my hair to try get the blood out of my hair. After trying to get as much blood out of my hair as possible I gave up and began scrubbing the stained blood off my skin. The lavender smell from the soap was soothing and soon overpowered the metallic smell of the blood. I turned off the shower and then wringed out my hair. I wrapped myself in the towel. A knock on the door interrupted me as I was drying off. Dazais voice was muffled through the door, "I got you some clothes, can you grab these?" 

"Yeah, just a second." I tightened the towel around my body, and opened the door so that his hand could slide in. I grabbed the t-shirt and sweatpants and closed the door thanking Dazai. I put on the clothes and picked up my dress of the floor. The originally prestine white dress with flowing patterns was now stained and crunchy. I left the bathroom with towel and dress in hand. Dazai took the dress from my hands and placed it in a plastic grocery bag. I took my towel and rubbed on my hair to dry it. I sat down on the couch, dazai soon flowing in suit. He sat down on the opposite side of the couch. I brushed my fingers through my tangled hair absent mildly, occasionally getting stuck on knots and tangles. Dazai noticed my detangling and made an offer.

"Do you need a brush?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'd appreciate that." He went to the bathroom and returned with a brush. 

"Do you want me to brush your hair for you?" he asked.

"oh, yeah sure." I said and I sat on the floor in between dazais legs while he sat on the couch. He began at the ends of my hair and detangled the knots at the bottom. 

"So, how did you know that man?" Mr. Dazai asked "Mori that is."

"Him.... He is the father of a girl befriended. I'm kind of worried about her, does she know about her dad? Is she safe? I should have payed more attention I need to tell her and get her away from. Can you help me?" 

"He has a daughter?" Dazai asked confused.

"Yeah, I'm going to help her." I affirmed.

"No, you aren't your gonna stay away from that man. He is dangerous and we don't want to put you at risk." 

"But I have to help Elise shes even younger than I am and she probably doesn't even know."

Dazai paused brushing and grabs my shoulders, he crouches down in front of me. "Y/n listen to me, Elise isn't real." He said dead serious, even though it felt like a bad joke. 

"What? no that's not true I saw her, I've talked to her." I said becoming frantic.

"She's just Mori's ability, she is the manifestation of his desires and ideal person. Elise exists because Mori is a pedophilic creep. She is just an idea, not a person." 

I began tearing up, before I began sobbing. "I-I should have known-hic It wa- as so obvious. I just-hic got excited and ingored all the red flags and-hic got myself into this mess. I shouldn't have been so stupid," I wiped the tears and snot running down my face. "I should have been smarter" I felt lanky arms wrap around my shoulders.

"It's not your fault," he said, "You can be total genuis and not see these things. This is what he does, your not the first child he's had an obsession with. Theres been kids as smart as you who've fallen into his trap." he reasurred while combing his finger through my hair. "All that matters right now, is that you got away from him before anything truly bad happened."

"Yeah, your right" I pulled myself out of the mans arms and wiped my face once more.

Dazai stood up, he gave me a blanket and a pillow before leaving to sleep in his room, "Rest up were going to the agency bright and early tomorrow." He turned off the living room lights, and left me to stare at the chipping ceiling before sleepover took me.

And a present for you, Happy new year and Lunar New Year. I hope you have a great time, I know I will since Resteraunt weak just started in Chicago. I can't wait to see all the new foods and such. Stay safe guys hope you enjoy the chapter. I'm open to any suggestions  and, ya'll keep making predictions which is fun for me to think over my story and construct it in different ways. Thanks for the love and support till next time yall~